Clunking front suspension

Hi Guys, Be nice to me :)

Vehicle type:Nissan Micra 1300cc Model:March C# Reg 'L' (1997 ish?)

We live in a rural area and the lane leading to our house hasn't got tarmac/concrete, so is dog rough and plays havoc with our vehicles suspensions.

Every time we've taken the car for an MoT, I've been expecting it to fail on suspension bushes, but it's always passed. :suspect:

Anyway... When driving down our lane, you can hear the front suspension clunking (its okayish on normal roads). At first I thought it was the tops of the McPhearson struts, but they seem okay. The noise seems low down, in fact on the passenger side, I can feel bumping under my feet. What items should I be looking at or more likely, replacing? The images in the Haynes manual are not defined enough to see what bushes there are.

I have tried at the Nissan agent in the next city, but chocolate fire guards come to mind :devil:

Thanks in advance for any help any guidance. :) :)

"Bloke in a Micra" (well its the wife's :girly: really)

bloke_in_m

it could be the bottom balljoint, quite often when you jack the car up, you wont feel any play, but when its down it shows up
it will wear in the down position eh, so if you get someone to shake the top of the wheel, while you shine a torch at the b/b, it might show movement ?

Back