clocks

Anybody changed the early type speedo clocks for the later sport ones? Would like to know if in doing that will it show my actual millage,or the millage of the car it was removed from. Thanks

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Anybody changed the early type speedo clocks for the later sport ones? Would like to know if in doing that will it show my actual millage,or the millage of the car it was removed from. Thanks

Never done the swap myself, but I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the mileage is stored in the clocks, so you'll get whatever mileage was on the donor car showing up.

That's a pain. I prefer the sport ones,and I've lost illumination on mine,tried putting blue led bulbs in and there was smoke eeeek!

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
That's a pain. I prefer the sport ones,and I've lost illumination on mine,tried putting blue led bulbs in and there was smoke eeeek!
I bet that's great fun at night! I'd say try it, I've no idea wether there's a way to change the mileage on them, so might be worth researching that. Not like the old days where you crack the plastic cover off and wind the clock back with a toothpick :p

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member

I suppose if the mileage is really important, then you could swap the part of the dials that stores it to your new set? Never cracked mine open so no idea how difficult that is!

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Pre face is easy just unbolt your speedo and place in sport clocks...
I looked into doing the face lift ones it's all circuit boards but I have heard it's possible with a computer...

Sorry,didn't get an email about the rest of the replies. Clocks taken a step back for a few weeks now either way. Impossible to find micra breaking in cornwall for 1 and need to replace drivers door,front bumper,and here's one I cannont stress to keep an eye on for all k12's,the crash can on n/s of front bumper bar. My finger went through mine yesterday,I knew it was suffering with corrosion,but didn't realise it was that bad! Luckily had already ordered a new one earlier on in the week.

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Pre face is easy just unbolt your speedo and place in sport clocks...
I looked into doing the face lift ones it's all circuit boards but I have heard it's possible with a computer...

Think this is for a K12, so they're all digital :(