Clock light on dash

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Anyone know how to get the light on the clock on the dash working? Seems to be a design fault i have had a few dials now and all had the same problem (except one)

What the backlight? Just replace the bulb. If comes on with ignition so they tend to blow as they are on all the time the car is.

I know the dials are bulbs but the clock used to glow all the time is that just a bulb as well because i looked and could see nothing?

yer it is just a bulb, I replaced mine with an led the same as the rest of the clocks so it glows blue now.

Yeah. I always wondered if the clock once glowed in the night. Replaced it with a spare bulb, and then did so with LED's when i changed to them.

If you're looking at the back of the clocks, then it's the bottom right one, with a track going to the foot of a diode. If you're fondling round the back, then it's the bottom left one. There will be one a bit more to the left, and a bit above it, but that's the left light for the dialset.

I had the same problem! about 3 weeks ago the light went out and just yesterday it came back on! Check all your fuses are connected and all your cables are connected

I'll try the battery one first because thats the easiest. i checked the fuses they seemed ok do you know which fuse may operate that light?

Back