clear Taillights

C

chellejayne

Hi,

I was thinking about getting some of the clear taillights for my micra, but i've heard that they need to be modified to make them street legal, just wondered if anyone knew what mods they need, and will it be a lot of hassle?

thanks

Michelle

tommo

Ex. Club Member
the back of the light cluster itself has to be cut to accomodate the bulb holder from the existing lights, then are stuck in wiv gaffer tape or silicone or somethin...

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Probably! Not as bad as it sounds, but then mine were done already

28.clusters.jpg

B

Ben

Yeah, mine should be done already when they turn up lol so i dont need to bother but how hard is it to get the old ones out, when i was messing about with them ages ago, i undone the three bolts (dropped half of them down the gap n never seen them again) but even with the bolts out the lights werent budging. Oh yeah, goldstar do you have reflectors on the back? Have you ever had any bother with the police?

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Theres some sort of goo that holds them in place too, make sure all bolts undone and pull off!

erm...as for reflectors, none! but no trouble with police about them!

OP
OP
C

chellejayne

hmm doesn't seem all that simple to me lol. Although i don't really know much about cars, do you think they would be able to do them at a garage, or do you pretty much have to do them yourself? thanks for all the replies by the way.

Michelle

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Don't go garage, it's mostly, cutting some plastic till the bulb holder fits good then using tape or cable ties to get them to stay in place, have a word with K11 Dave