Clear lenses Question

B

Ben

Ok, got Craigs K11 clear lenses today, plugged am all in n that n then turned them on to find all the lights were flashing white lol - i never bothered too check the colour of the actual bulbs so spoke to Craig and he told me that he sprayed the stop.tail light red and fog light and bought 2 indicator bulbs which were amber. so i went n got sum amber bulbs from my local car accessories shop n he told me he had never heard of red bulbs so has anyone else any ideas? I bought some red spray and sprayed the 2 spare bulbs to see what they look like but anyone got any specific paint or out i should be using? Im just letting them dry now, so hopefully thwy wll be ok

M

madmicra

how did it go with the bulbs

Attachments

• K10carbs.jpg
    K10carbs.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_4350.jpg
    IMG_4350.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 313
OP
OP
B

Ben

seem to have dried ok, havent really had chnce to get em on the car so will see tomorrow, will need to see how it rwcts to the heat etc and how much light gets through

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Halfords will sell you a set of Red Led lights for a fiver, but these will not work as a replacement for dual filiment bulbs.

Mike

OP
OP
B

Ben

so theyre no good then? They will work for the Fog light though? Anyway, i will see how the spray turns out, it seems to have dried on ok so we will see

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
LED bulbs these do all types of led lights for cars, even stop and tail lights etc. i would imagine they will be rather bright an all and wont give 'egg yolk' effect, i paid £15 for silver bulbs for my side repeaters, would imagine something like this for em would have been a lot cheaper and easier

K

kneival

Problem with LED bulbs is they work with the brakes but they wont work with the rear lights.

Unless you can get the dual fillament ones. Not sure how that would work with LEDs! I guess it could light up a few for lights and light up them all for brakes.

If someone has found some that would they would be great! The reaction time of LED bulbs is amazing :-]

OP
OP
B

Ben

Ok, so plugged everything in today and put the lenses on etc, took ages to sort coz of the putty stuff and left them on for a while to see what the effect was, the paint just started melting on the bulbs so had to take em all of again n now back to square 1, need some advice on which paint to use?

OP
OP
B

Ben

and the very bottom on this page?
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Car_Accessories_Ice_Blue_Bulbs_111.html

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Revolution do red bulbs for the stop and tail, that where i get mine from for about £3-£4, but if u can afford it get the dual filament ones from ebay as they are much better.

OP
OP
B

Ben

ok heres what i done, went to motorworld - dual filament red tinted stop/tail buls for £1.99 a pair, cant believe it, i spent £6 on the spray can as well. Anyway, thats all except the fog light sorted coz they didnt have any single filament in so im a bit stuck on that one, anyways fitted the lights n gonna let the putty set over night n then all i have to do is get the fog sorted for MOT coz i never ever use it. Tried installing the clear side repeaters but the holders are different so its not just a simple swap over, need to speak to Craig about it. Anyways remember motor world - £2 a pair!

OP
OP
B

Ben

ah right, i got spares anyway so we will just see, i had to get the fog one off some web site coz cudnt find them, think i might go for LED's soon although they are more expensive, will wait till i got more important thing sorted, im just gonna put the normal lenses on for its MOT once i get the crappy tint off