**Clanking sound Rear suspension**

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
Hi guys,

Since i bought my SuperS, the rear Pass side has made a clunking sound when i go over humps/bumps in the road, on the motorway its fine...

i always presumed it would be a loose or worn Shocker that gave under the sudden shock and hit the sides, if you get me....

Today i changed both rear shockers checked all was fine and solid, took it for a drive and its still there... Clunk, Clunk, :( argh...

the drive has improved immensley and the clanking is even more rare of an occurance but it still does it...

ANY IDEAS ???? im stumped...

tanks in advance :)

Possibly a knckered drop link for the anti-roll bar, do you have aftermarket exhaust?

Rep: i'll have another look... i jiggled it today no play... but i'll check again

Craig: Std exhaust, will look at the drop links... not too pricey are they? and it wont hurt the car if i change them regardless...

ta

I had this problem, but i had a cherrybomb on my motor and it was hitting off the axle, check that one of your exhaust mounts havent worn and are causing it to hit! failing that speak to someone that hasa four post ramp and check it over!

most likely roll bar links i think they roughly bout £20ish(trade price) i just changed mine cuz i couldnt bare the clunking no more

Iv got the same problem however i have just had my micra go through its MOT which it had new anti roll bar links installed but the noise doesnt seem to have changed at all, Im going to change the shocks next week but from the sounds of this thread this wont remove the noises, any ideas anyone??

only way to check is to take off the anti roll bar this is after you've checked the antiroll bar links for play

i think am gonna have to wait to see if changing the shocks makes it any better, i cant see anything with the brackets but it not easy tring to get my head under my car lol will have to get it up on some ramps for a better look.

you wont be able to tell by looking at them, only way is to test, take off the brackets and wrap them with electrical tape where the lip on the bracket lips into the axle

lol ok, i will have to do that next week after i have tried the shocks, i really should refresh the page for replies before i reply myself lol

UPDATE: sorted now it was the droplinks thanks Zeph...

£15 inc postage off eBay...

pain in the butt to take off the rusted bolts but new ones made such a difference i couldnt believe it...

but for one day i had no droplinks as it got late but the car was all over the show...

so changed rear shocks and droplinks and it rides 100% better...

Back