claim incident?

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
ok so i crashed into the back of my mates car, and for a couple of weeks i didnt hear from him.
he text me today to say his car wont start because its leaking oil and that his tank has moved out of place.
thing is, the most damage i did to him was his bumper cracked, and the worst that was happened to mine was a smashed headlight and a cracked grill.
he has an old ford fiesta (the rounder models).
now a few things
1)is this actually possible?
2)how much would an estimate be to fix it?
3)is he just trying to con me?

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Agree. Sounds like he doesnt know what he is talking about.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
I agree with Frank here, sounds awfully suspicious!!

Fords just leaking oil isnt anything unusual.

The fuel tank is below the rear seats in a fiesta (and most cars).

He's having you on fella, I'd ask to inspect the "damage"

OP
OP
K

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
well he text back and said its the fuel tank that is leaking, which someone told him, although the fuel tank is under the passenger footwells.
thing is, the most i did was cracked his bumper

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
yer and how would back bumper, starting and oil leaks be in any way connected! other end of the car. better make sure i never crack my bumper wouldn't want it not to start :D

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Was his handbrake on when you hit him, or was he nosed up to a wall cos unless the car stayed still you would have just pushed him forwards and cracked a bumper.
Why didn't he contact you sooner?
If I were you I'd tell him where to go and find some new mates.

OP
OP
K

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
well it was at a roundabout, and he had his foot brake on, so he didnt hit anything on the front end, but the back i hit it.
i have asked him to goto a garage to assess the damage, although my insurance company will need 3 quotes.
god crashing and having edited mates like that dont go well together :p
well i shall keep y'all updated on my progress

PeteST24

Ex. Club Member
What a complete edited!

No way in hell can you cause the engine to not start and make the fuel tank leak by just cracking his bumper...Even if it is a Fiesta!

How hard did you hit him??? 150mph?:laugh:

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Theres a lot of edited going on in this thread lol. He doesnt sound like a very good friend get yourself some decent honest friends and I find it bery hard to believe you caused all the damage with a low speed rear end bump.

Of course it's your fault, after all hitting his back bumper actually CRACKING it may have penetrated the whole car! A crack like that would destroy all the pistons in the engine and break all the valves. Its your fault, not your friends.

Kidding.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
has he got pictures of the accident including your car?

Has he got witnesses?

Is there any evidence that you did it, apart from the damage on your car? (is your paint on his car)

Give him money for the bumper and tell him to go swivel!

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
cant beleive your "MATE" is taking you through the insurance over an 80 quid bumper that you could probably pay for out of your own back pocket and not have an extra 300 quid on your premium next year (if your lucky might be more like 800).

and oil leak because of a hit from behind? LOL

if i was him/her/it id sell his/etc car and get around on a flying pig

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
It is a fiesta lads! It may well have broken the nudged the tank and some "heaven forbid dirty fuel" gotten down the fuel lines and clogged up the injector and now it wont start. Either that it was just too cold for it to start that day! Ask to see the damage and the fuel leak - stick a match under it..if it lights its petrol and run, if not tell him he has a water leak :p

Daz

OP
OP
K

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
and os it continues, apparently i managed to bend the chassis, so now he has to scrap it, or what the garages have apparently told him
i just dont understand why the ###### someone would do that.
if i tried to say just £80 for him and he can pay the rest, say if he said no, what position would i be in?
would i have to fork out loads if it ended up through insurance? or would they not believe him?