circuit tester

OP
OP
jc1234
and how does it work, say i want to check, well i do on the radio.

got it, decied to get from there, 13 quid there want,and not sure if it right one, if i can get my amp working, i can plug my mp3 thought it for temp sound.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Switch it to DC voltage (20v range) and put one connector on the live wire and the other connector to ground, you should see 12-14v on the display if the radio wire is live.

OP
OP
jc1234
i have a look there tonight and reject them at the door.

do you know the volts for the battery, live,acc and anymore of what it should be

i have a look there tonight and reject them at the door.

do you know the volts for the battery, live,acc and anymore of what it should be

These voltages will as mentioned above, be in the region of 12 to 14 volts, typically around 13.8 volts.

However, the fact that you obtain this presence of power at around this stated level means that the particular part of the circuit you're checking is indeed 'live'.

You shouldn't encounter any other voltages, the head unit internal power supply will step up/down to its own requirements - you need only be concerned with the power going into the head unit.

If you want detailed information, consult a technical data sheet on your particular head unit.

Pete

Site Supporter
I've got a fancy mulitmeter :p 0-600V DC :D not that i've taken it over 13.2 when the 2cv was at full tilt.