Cigarette Lighter Connection Cable

ladybird

Club Member (Trial)
Hi,

Im attempting to fit my cigerette lighter(from halfords) into my k11.
Theres already a hole in the front panel and also a fuse in the fusebox for it.

Following instructions from http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/3766-cigarette-lighter , I dicovered the black cable in the pic below.

P1030828..JPG P1030829..JPG

Is this the right cable? The reason I ask is that the cable is labelled(if you look closely):

- Amp

I have checked that the fuse is 15 amps but a bit confused as to why the cable says Amp 12. (there isnt even a 12amp fuse in the box)

Am I reading this wrong?
Also if this is the right cable, do i just connect it to the lighter unit and thats it?
Also do I need to diconnect my battery and the fuse before making this connection?

Please help

Thanks

I took a picture from the one I get from Colli :
connecty.jpg

Same shape and same wires, and even if it's written AMP11 on mine, I think it's the good one ladybird ;)
Cheers
Seb

did you find that wire under the carpet by the lower dash/ gear surround area?

After taking out the lower dash panel and ash tray, they were no obvious cables. Loosened up the gear base to check under the carpet (on driver’s side.) and still nothing.

so finally I just stuck my hands into the front panel unit(upwards), lightly tugged on any wires that I could reach and the cable was the only one that wasn’t connected to anything else.

if this works ladybird you can make this into a guide

Ill try this out on saturday and will create a guide if it all works out fine.
Cheers for the input everyone. (Im not realy sure how you use the 'thanks' feature here as I cant see it)

LB

Ill try this out on saturday and will create a guide if it all works out fine.
Cheers for the input everyone. (Im not realy sure how you use the 'thanks' feature here as I cant see it)

LB

ok thats cool. the thanks is just below your reply. same line on the reply but to the left

i want to wire one to the back of the car so please let us know if the one you got from you know where WORKS GOOD ?

Hi, I'm trying to fit a cigarette lighter to my 96 K11 Shape - no wires found going under the carpet but after removing the panel below the main heater panel I found 4 possible connections
2zdrfpu.jpg
the thin red and black wires at the top of the pic and the two black connectors - the straight one on the left has 10 Amp and just one red/blue striped wire going to it.

The T shaped one on the right has two wires going to it - red/orange and black. It looks like it matches the cigarette lighter with two spade inputs at right angles to each other, this connector has 5 amp on it.

Any of these the right ones to go for? Sorry about the big pic. Thanks, Tony

The T is for the cig lighter indeed, the one on the left is for the cigarette lighter little LED, so it's optional.
You are lucky, you already have the wiring, I done mine today and had to pass wires from the battery through the dashboard. I will write a guide tomorrow, stay tuned
Cheers
Seb

No need to bother with the LED light wiring unless you really want it. You can break the LED light section off the coloured (green/orange) translucent plastic.

Simply use a pair of cutting pliers to ensure that you only cut/snap off the LED part as you will need the round part of the translucent plastic to make the actual lighter socket fit snug in the hole and not fall through.

Then simply connect the "T" shaped connector to the back of the lighter socket (it can only go on one way). Mine just worked without having to bother with fuses. Throw the LED light and it's wiring away if you can't think of another use for it. Easy peasy!

Back