• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Chipedwood Blog K11 1.0

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Had my Micra a while and now I plan to start doing more things to it!

Mods so far:
Meshed grille
De-Bump stripped
Induction Kit
Blue HT Leads
De-Stickered
MSC sticker
Speakers replaced, 6x9's in the shelf and a headunit

In progress:

Open meshed front bumper
pop out windows in the rear, just can't figure out how they go in...
Colour coding rear bumper mirrors and door handles
Fixing up the tailgate, got a rust spot on it and also plan to take the stickers off.

Future plans:
Alloys (just waiting for a good set to pop up)
Window tinting for privicy in the back.
Replace nearside front wing.
Lowering eventually
then more and more

1e7tbc.jpg

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member

Still early in it's life, right now is looking a bit worse for wear!

Also noticed some ticking in the engine, 85k miles. But Once I have the aesthetics done I want to stick a 1.3 in anyway... Well I want someone else to.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Well I've taken the bump strips off, and then I put some mudflaps on.

But I don't like the mudflaps and still haven't cleaned it since the strips came off so there are marks where they used to be.

Exams are slowing everything down right now but should be back to intending to do work on it again in a few weeks!

Anyone know how to do the pop out window replacement? Not sure how to secure the window in place. There are holes there for the hinges and the poppy thing. but they are just holes... Any ideas?

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Yeah pics will be up once I do my last exam which is next week.

I'm doing Building Surveying and I have a Law exam next week, dreading it!

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Things are going verrrryyy slowly while I work on my flat/look for a job.

Anyway here is an updated picture of her all nicely cleaned up :D

1e7tbc.jpg

Oh and I got all the tyre marks off!

14sl1fa.jpg

Just waiting for some funds to find their way to me and I want to reduce the distance between the floor and the road.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Serviced today with all the parts Ant recomends in his FAQ responce. Barely needed it, it's done 4k miles since the last time.

Just waiting on some more bits and bobs coming soon...

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
just in the process of cutting the plastic grill out of a spare bumper that I have. Also I have updated the first post to give a clearer idea of my plans ect.

here have a pic

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Induction Kit and some 'performance' HT Leads came today.

Looks a bit cool under the hood now but I need to clean it, I have no idea how to do it though.

It also sounds pretty damn cool!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Ooooo, very clean, what did you use? Also where did you get your HT leads from and what do they do performance wise.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
I got the HT leads from a Micra that had been modified and crashed. They claimed they had only been in the car a few weeks.

Performance wise I'm not too sure as I put the Induction kit on at the same time. Car did feel like it had a little more power afterwards.

I know you can get them here As they aren't much more than the cost of replacing them with official Nissan ones then it's well worth it if yours have never been changed.

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Looks a tidy little car.
You can clean the engine bay painted areas with compound (T Cut) using a soft brush or rag and a toothbrush for the awkward bits.
If the engines oily I use petrol & a paintbrush to scrub it all off before jetwashing after bagging up the distributor/fuses & ECU.If you aint got a jetwash you can still get it clean with just the petrol.
I always coat engine bays up with WD40 everywhere when dried out.Seals it & looks shiny.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Yeah I'm having trouble making it look shiney, I got all the oil off, but it seemed to be dull underneath.

Lots of bits under there are rusty too :(

Might have another go painting rusty bits black again today.

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
You've made an impact on that bay already,coming along.Keep plugging away at it...
The hours I've wasted toncing up engine bays & alloy wheels!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I had the same idea but on a smaller scale.

Attachments

• 3000GT.jpg
    3000GT.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 3000GT (1).jpg
    3000GT (1).jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 3000GT (2).jpg
    3000GT (2).jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 274
OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Primed and read to go!

2r7bpc1.jpg

15xpams.jpg

I'm too lazy to rotate today:

jv3wo7.jpg

I was planning on bringing in bits of red, but once I saw the tailgate with the matching white handle I thought that red just wouldn't look as nice.

So far this is primer just sanded down waiting for some colour match paint.

The door handles look really shiny, but I think with a bit of polishing it will all even out!

Going to put the nissan badge back on.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
I have some super S clocks on the way to match my super S wannabe!

Although I have lots of scratch down the offside due to a bit of an incident involving mud a corner and a bush.

Well 2 years of driving and I have Never properly lost control of a car. I think I did well! Today I was driving to the dentists which is about 30 mins drive away down country roads. It was dry but I wasn't pushing it as I was in no rush. I know the roads quite well too and I came towards a corner I know to be very tight, slowed down then not much happened as I realized I was sliding, gained traction at the front and the back lost it and span out mounted the curb and kinda swerved through a bush then back onto the road losing the back end in the mud again. I am so glad there were no cars anyway besides mine or I would of hit them!

Nothing is too deep there is just a little patch of chipped paint, luckily no big branches so just scratches that I should be able to polish out!