Chip tune !

Hi all in December I am able to insure my 2004 1.2 Petrol K12 with an ECU tune. These tunes seem to be unsurprisingly scarce online for the K12 and I was wondering if anyone had done this before and could recommend anything? Thanks.

For 'scarce' read 'unobtainable', rarer than rocking horse droppings! If you do find one in the UK I'm sure a 'few' people on here would be interested....

I ordered one to my 'big-block' 160SR.
Pony readings will be measured with dyno before and after.
There are, I believe, some companies doing ECU/tuning mods to the 160SR Mika, but I have never found anyone offering the same for the 1.2 K12.........A start would be to get the rev limiter lifted to somewhere over 7K rpm :rolleyes:

John, for your vehicle!? :unsure::)
Nissan Micra 1.2 80 KS
Yes Mika, but that is serious money for very little gain! 400Euros for 7ps. That just about makes it the same power output as a standard 1.4, be cheaper to buy a second hand 1.4 engine and do a swap :rolleyes:. I recon I've probably gained at least 5ps with my breathing mod for very little outlay... Now perhaps if it was 50 Euros for reprogramming the rev limiter cut off I'd be interested.....

John, that why I skipped that company!
Just out curiosity I just did search from ebay and I came across this option from pizzaland!
=> Chip Tuning Box for NISSAN MICRA 1.0 62HP 1.2 80HP 98HP ~110€ to your 'island'

s-l1600.jpg

250420 47
That looks like 'snake oil' Mika.........

I read (on here actually) that both 1.2 engines are supposedly completely identical.
Does that mean that if I found a tuner, I could bump my 65hp to 80hp plus whatever extra you'd get from tuning the 80hp engine?

Back