Cheeky Neighbours

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
We get our blue recycling bin collected every other monday morning, and my mums pretty keen on this recycling stuff idea. Being pretty busy this weekend she put it out on saturday night so we wouldent forget.

8:10pm, a letter pops through the door "The occupier". We open it and find it says "FIXED PENALTY NOTICE" :slm: with an explaination saying we have left our bin out on the road more than 24 hours before/after collection and must pay a fine! The fine was £120!!

Shockingly it had written that we had a £60 fine for leaving it on the pavement, plus a £60 fine for leaving it out more than 24 hours away from collection! Wha?! o_O

Shocked and annoyed, mum marches out in the car looking for the council bloke to have a go at him, after all she was recycling, doing good for the community, yada,yada,yada... :wasntme:

She doesnt find him, and spends the next hour drafting a angry letter of complaint about how the builders accross the road park illegally and how the council is rubbish yada,yada,yada...

We don't send off the letter yet, and the following day another letter pops through the door, on the same (slightly unusual, but very convincing) headed paper. It explains that the fine has been cancelled because it didn't fit with their procedures, but they don't explain how.

The letter also appolgises for any trouble and rambles on about councilling for stressed/upset people, giving the phone numbers of 3 councillors who will give us a free counciltation.

Confused, each letter is read again and scrutinised, this may sound dumb now, but we were very convinced. The clue was in the final line. The phone number for the third "councillor" was our neighbor, "Mr. Jasper Turnip" (not our neighbors name), living in "Large Wood Road" (we live in Forest Road!)!!

OK, so it was all an elabourate joke by our (very friendly and clever) neighbors, but isnt this just a bit too far?! I mean, if it was the first of april perhaps... but this was kinda uncalled for! :suspect:

Has anyone else had this kind of cheekyness from their neighbors, perhaps in a joke or in a more serious way?

R

runaway-robot

nah, but the best way is just to get him back lol

after all it was a joke.... even if it was a bad one

tommo

Ex. Club Member
cheeky neighbours you dont know the meaning lol

few weeks ago someone in our street put a box full of rubbish on top of there weelie bin. daft idea to start with. some ### knocked it off, along with the rubbish. surprisingly enough the binmen took the rubbish and left the box. so for a week or so the box was floatin around our street outside our garden. after taxi'ing my dad in his R19 one night i came back home mid evening to find the box had been slung between mine and my mums micras with a neighbour saying he saw the woman who's box it was, throwing it across the road. so with me not in the best of moods it went back outside their gate (well launched against there fence but were not splitting hairs). in the morning i found it halfway down the road in bits lol luckily enough it got dumped in the end. now THATS a cheek.

OP
OP
T

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hehe, yeah he came round to appologise today and a bit of a laugh was had by all. I think he intended us to get the joke with the first letter, but were a bit thick so we didnt notice.

I guess were lucky to have nice neighbors

Layla

Deactivated Account
Turtle said:
we're a bit thick so we didnt notice.

that made me snort laughing :blush:

my neighbours rang the police when i was breaking (/cutting up with an angle grinder) and the policeman came past, looked, was like "wotcha doing" and richie was like "cutting up a car" and he just kinda...left.

my neighbours all suck anyway. the guy down the street was arrested for taking pictures of us playing in my friends garden from his sitting room window when we about 5