Checking and setting ignition timing, guide or pictures anyone?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi everybody
yesterday I was chating with Baguete about my high fuel consumption on my 1.0, even if I have new oil, new filters, serviced TBody. I do about 9L for 100KM, even for city driving, it's a bit too much.

So he explained me I may have to check my ignition timing, that it was not that difficult

As a mechanical newbie, I've checked around the internet to read about it, so I will need a timing light gun, but apart of this fwn

Does someone here can write a little guide, or even take pictures of what I've to check, to set etc ? It would be much appreciated
Thank you
Seb

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Hi everybody
yesterday I was chating with Baguete about my high fuel consumption on my 1.0, even if I have new oil, new filters, serviced TBody. I do about 9L for 100KM, even for city driving, it's a bit too much.

So he explained me I may have to check my ignition timing, that it was not that difficult

As a mechanical newbie, I've checked around the internet to read about it, so I will need a timing light gun, but apart of this fwn

Does someone here can write a little guide, or even take pictures of what I've to check, to set etc ? It would be much appreciated
Thank you
Seb

X2 need to look at mine when i do a service soon! Thanks for bringing this up Seb! :D

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Very nice link euro ! I've been searching for this kind of guide on the primeras forums, but it was in the member only section (like our guide section on MSC). Now I have to read it a dozen times to understand it :p
Scott : I still didnt had time to go to the post office and wait in the queue, but i'm off friday, I will give it a go and let you know thank you ;)

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Watch this video from 1:50 the explanations of the guys are quite clear!

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I've never actually had to set timing but this video explains it perfectly :) :

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Yeah I watched this a few times when you suggested it. It really seems to hurt my brain

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You can also use a laptop+consult cable, to make the process easier!
conzult07.gif

Pick up a cheap Nissan Consult cable from ebay or forum market.
DIG-NIS-CON.jpg

A Serial-USB cable is helpful :)

Then, download the free Conzult software, turn it on, set it into timing/idle mode! Presto!
No more need rev engine/restart -> disconnect TPS etc..

This is for pre coilpack K11's! Newer ones use the OBD2 interface