check engine light

i went out last night, car was fine when i went back to the car about 5 hours later and started it up the check engine light was flashing quite fast but the car seemed alright still.

i drove to a 24hour garage, checked the oil(which is a bit low now) went into the garage came back out started the car and the light has went off now fwn

is there anything that i should check just incase? has anyone else expericnce this?

its a 1999 ally, 1liter.

also what oil should i get for it? i tried searching but "what", "oil" are too common and wouldnt search for it =\

you have to find somebody, who have nissan consult OBD II scanner(in ebay cost 20-30 quid) , it will show up what error code you got... but i think need scan, when check engine light on.

yeah i know, just wondering if anyone else has had their engine light come on for a while then have it turn off again by itself

Well... nothing happening with no reason in cars, it havent happen in to my car yet, but those error codes could differ from car to car, depends of a lot things.

The easier way is check oil level, coolant level, might sparkplugs and spark leads needs to be changed.... and i could call and call thinks which would be need check and change. ... Reason why need diagnostics to be done, just to be sure you are doing right way.

good luck with that.

i always check the oil level cold on a flat tarmac. when warm or few mins after running, the level will always be lower cos its still circulated around the block.

when the eng light flashes and it fails to start or stops on its own, it could be the NATS immobiliser. i once had a cabin leak which soaked my nats ecu and triggered it off with flashing light. fixed it by taking ecu out n drying the circuit

i always check the oil level cold on a flat tarmac. when warm or few mins after running, the level will always be lower cos its still circulated around the block.

when the eng light flashes and it fails to start or stops on its own, it could be the NATS immobiliser. i once had a cabin leak which soaked my nats ecu and triggered it off with flashing light. fixed it by taking ecu out n drying the circuit

it was raining quite heavily when i was out last night so it couldve dried as i was driving it but i dont know =\

Back