Cheating death last night!!!

I took my car to my mates workshop last night to have the exhaust fitted.

He culdnt undo the nuts on the cat converter so he wheeled over the gas powerd blow torch thingy.

WE all stood infront of my car while he turned on the bottle and he light the end of the torch........1 second later we have **BANG** AND a 4 foot flame shooting out of the pipe.

Next thing he says is **######ING RUN!!!!**

i PEGGED it out of the fire exit breaking it as i went and they ran out the roller doors.

For a split second all i could see was a 4 ft flame shooting up in the air infront of my K11 and black smoke ouring out of my bonnet.

My mechanic then risked his own life and used the extuigwuisher to put it out.

It all happend in a space of 30 seconds and any longer then the whole place would have gone up and i would of seen my micra shooting through the roof.

The worst thng was is the valve on the bottle was faulty and we found soot in the neck of the bottle wich was really scary.

I was shaking like #### for 2 hours after it happend.

My micra was semmi ok the spalsh gaurds were all meted to ######y and the whole engine bay was as black as hell!!!

Still today i think how lucky we really was as i never been so scared in my entire life:down:

Cheers Frank, just nearly died laughing at your comment :laugh:. Glad you're Ok Jas, oxy-acetylene is exceedingly dangerous stuff :eek:.

i had a ace hose let go but that was in a sheilded welding bay, at least it wasnt the oxygen bottle or you would known about it

glad your ok tho tis not nice when it happens

Back