cheapish march st on pistonheads

yer again, looks like hes seen the other thread on it, as this time hes included the manufacture number which was mentioned in the last thread

id go have a look if i were closer tho.

You would have to be pretty lucky to find an ST that wasnt rough in some way. The only exceptionally clean examples you're likely to find are owned by people who wouldnt sell...anyone who buys one should be prepared to spend time and money after purchase.

Mine was a pretty clean example when I got it and it's still had plenty go wrong iwth it.

exactly! you dont buy a car like this and expect to not have to invest money into it? according to the advert the turbo and super charger are running spot on, thats a good start! 30,000 miles! thats nothing! if i had had £3000 to spare i would have it!

I realise STs are rare, but for this kinda money??

There are so many better, more powerful cars you can get for that money...

Here's another example of a typical k10 owner. . .you have never drove one and you 'll never own one with that attitude.Its missing a grill which I sent over to dan,Its not a rough example!
We're talking about the car in question not a better ,more powerful car, I payed €4000 for mine nearly 3 years ago!

You and any other negative comments about the price ,you guys hav'nt a clue,you might get it a bit cheaper as it needs work.

Here's another example of a typical k10 owner. . .you have never drove one and you 'll never own one with that attitude.Its missing a grill which I sent over to dan,Its not a rough example!
We're talking about the car in question not a better ,more powerful car, I payed €4000 for mine nearly 3 years ago!

You and any other negative comments about the price ,you guys hav'nt a clue,you might get it a bit cheaper as it needs work.

i'd quite happily sell my gt4 for this, but the wife doesn't like it and she'd have to drive it more than me and for that mileage/kilometerage, it's a complete steal.

yes but thats not the point.

take the Sierra cosworth for instance.
the boggo standard sierra saphire 4x4 cosworth you can pick up a decent one for £4500.

now take the 3 door RS500 cosworth. still a sieraa, same engine, bigger turbo but for all intents and purposes the same car. (ish)
but because of its rarety you would be paying around £14000+

what about the VW camper van? you can pick up a runing late model camper for £6000.
then take the 22window split screen with safari windows.... same car, same engines, built in the same place.... but so rare they fetch upwords of £12000

now take the nissan micra. the bogo stock k10 with same mileage as this ST with mint bodywork would be about £700. (on a good day)

now this ST is so rare it would command upto £5000 for a realy good example.

what about a K10 March TurboR. they are the same chassis, same basic engine, same suspension, same rubish 80's interior but would fetch in eccess of £8000 if you can find one....

its not the car as such but the fact that its so rare.

id be interested in it, but got no cash, storage space etc etc...the things that are wrong with it, arent an issue imo.

yes but thats not the point.

take the Sierra cosworth for instance.
the boggo standard sierra saphire 4x4 cosworth you can pick up a decent one for £4500.

now take the 3 door RS500 cosworth. still a sieraa, same engine, bigger turbo but for all intents and purposes the same car. (ish)
but because of its rarety you would be paying around £14000+

what about the VW camper van? you can pick up a runing late model camper for £6000.
then take the 22window split screen with safari windows.... same car, same engines, built in the same place.... but so rare they fetch upwords of £12000

now take the nissan micra. the bogo stock k10 with same mileage as this ST with mint bodywork would be about £700. (on a good day)

now this ST is so rare it would command upto £5000 for a realy good example.

what about a K10 March TurboR. they are the same chassis, same basic engine, same suspension, same rubish 80's interior but would fetch in eccess of £8000 if you can find one....

its not the car as such but the fact that its so rare.

nail on the head!

nail on the head!

i do tend to do that some times... i have lost count of the numbers of threads i have ended like this... it all seems so final.lol

i keep looking back at some epic threads on here and there is alot of them that end with one of my rants...:glare::glare:

is it a gift?:laugh:

I realise it's rare...and I realise this would up the price. There's no doubt there.

We're talking about a car here. If it's performance you're looking for, you could quite easily pick up a R33 GTST for that sorta money with 200-odd BHP!

Not looking for a debate, just pointing out a fact!

Here's another example of a typical k10 owner. . .you guys hav'nt a clue.

There's no need to be elitist about this. Degrading "Typical" K10 owners only makes you look like an A$$...

Back