Cheap turbos on ebay

easiest way would be to take a T2 flange and weld it onto the standard exhaust manifold.

Not the best performing or long lasting way, but will work!

will this have the right sized turbines tho?

saying its a T25 is a bit of a vague discription, it could be pretty much anything

Forge also make an adjustable actuator to fit this actual model of T25, with different springs. So you can run low boost without bodging the wastegate actuator by bending or wedging open.

Unfortunately, T25's generally a little too big but will GENERALLY come on boost around 3k, T2's are a little small imo, so I went with one a little bigger for more options later on. But we'll see what happens.

t2's are good for an easy 170bhp on the 1.7 480t, but like you say, a t25 will be good for a shed load of bhp :)

plus I found these cheap, quite difficult to find a decent T2 all the ones I've seen are from R5 Turbos that are "smoking slightly but have nothing wrong" lol

No idea tbh, this is my first conversion, and will initially only be running 5psi then gradually increasing the power, 100 - 140bhp seems to be the average boosted, without going extreme, but it's the torque that's the main improvement.

Well it depends how you're doing it tbh.

For me though
Turbo 65
Adjustable actuator 100
Intercooler 130
E-manage with all harnesses and map sensor 200(got a good price on used unit this can push you for 500)
Manifold and full exhaust system in stainless 210 (welding and fabricating this myself so may cost you considerably more)
Wideband lambda 130
Other bits such as oil and water lines running for around 120 ish

Then your mapping costs unless you're doing it yourself.

this has got me very very interested.will a starlet fmic fit,wanna do this on the mega cheap. I can get cheap turbo etc from breakers.problems i can see would be the cost of the e manage,mapping and the exhaust manifold.
How easy would it be to weld the mount for the turbo on the oem manifold?cheers

Not sure how easy it is, but is definatly do-able, but as Ollie says it's not the best option for performance/reliability..

this has got me very very interested.will a starlet fmic fit,wanna do this on the mega cheap. I can get cheap turbo etc from breakers.problems i can see would be the cost of the e manage,mapping and the exhaust manifold.
How easy would it be to weld the mount for the turbo on the oem manifold?cheers

It's not ideal to weld onto the standard manifold as it may crack or provide a weak weld due to the different metals.

However, it can be done, and does work suprisingly well, but should only really be used as a stop-gap not as a final result.

As for FMIC It depends on where you're putting it, and how you're putting it. Unless you have a budget to replace parts when they go wrong, I wouldn't recommend it.

True that it can be done on the cheap, but when you try and do it on the VERY VERY cheap then chances are that it won't last.

Depending on how this manifold turns out, I may be tempted to make a few copies.

I'm not going to blog it till closer the time of completion, as I'm aiming for around feb or march to complete. So the majority of the thread will just be buying parts, which is no fun for anyone to read.

wow mates! this is such an interesting upgrd! the damn 1100quid is a little bit too much, and in my situation living abroad it would cost even more....

hey guys a stock micra, and a turbod one just lightly not harsh... which would last longer?

also I have a super dumb question which I stil lneed an answer to.. on the rear tyres of our micras, some have drums and some ahve discs... when we do press the footbrake.. does those brakes do something... which I was told by a mechanic that they do react to footbrakes..... or are they only controlled by the handbrake by itself only?

cheers would really appreciate a reply.. cos mates were making fun o me cos of this issue on the rear drums working a little when we hit the futbrake.

wow mates! this is such an interesting upgrd! the damn 1100quid is a little bit too much, and in my situation living abroad it would cost even more....

hey guys a stock micra, and a turbod one just lightly not harsh... which would last longer?

also I have a super dumb question which I stil lneed an answer to.. on the rear tyres of our micras, some have drums and some ahve discs... when we do press the footbrake.. does those brakes do something... which I was told by a mechanic that they do react to footbrakes..... or are they only controlled by the handbrake by itself only?

cheers would really appreciate a reply.. cos mates were making fun o me cos of this issue on the rear drums working a little when we hit the futbrake.

When you use the foot break most of the breaking is done with the font disks, and only a bit with the rear drums, hardbreak only used the rear drums...i hope :p

Back