Cheap and easy modifications

Ok, i have had my Micra for a year now and the only modifications that i have done are debadging the front and back. I dont really like the look of it as it is getting boring. Can you guys help me out and tell me some nice looking cheap modifications that i could do?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
How cheap are you looking?

An induction kit will give you a nice sound from the engine at higher revs, fairly cheap. I paid £70 for a brand new K&N induction kit for a K11. Filter, oil breathers, clips and induction hose. Though saw one for sale on here for £25!

Coilovers, these can vary. I paid £50 for coilovers all round, so if you can source some Corsa and Polo ones cheap enough, get them!

Not sure on any other types of modifications on the cheap. Perhaps 1.6 injectors and tb?

How cheap are you looking?

An induction kit will give you a nice sound from the engine at higher revs, fairly cheap. I paid £70 for a brand new K&N induction kit for a K11. Filter, oil breathers, clips and induction hose. Though saw one for sale on here for £25!

Coilovers, these can vary. I paid £50 for coilovers all round, so if you can source some Corsa and Polo ones cheap enough, get them!

Not sure on any other types of modifications on the cheap. Perhaps 1.6 injectors and tb?

Thanks, will definately have a go on the coilovers and the induction kit. I dont realy know how much I would be willing to spend on the car, because it all depends on whether it passes its MOT next month. If it passes then I will definately look at better things for performance and looks.

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Thanks, will definately have a go on the coilovers and the induction kit. I dont realy know how much I would be willing to spend on the car, because it all depends on whether it passes its MOT next month. If it passes then I will definately look at better things for performance and looks.
Definitely wait until it passes first :D I've made that mistake before - blowing all my money on parts and then needing to fork out money I don't have for repairs.

As said, lowering springs or coilovers if you find them cheap are always an awesome mod.
You can fit an almera/primera/GA16 airbox (£5 from scrappy) and fit a k&n panel filter (£30). If you wanted to go even further you could install some induction piping to the front of the car.
If your car is a 1.0L a really awesome mod is the 1.3 cams. Nothing fancy, just fit CG13 cams into your CG10. Was the best mod I did to mine, not expensive either if you know how to fit them.
Another scrappy mod is GA16 injectors which are a straight fit, and if you wanted to go even further you could fit the GA16 throttle body. But you need to make a few modifications to it and it can run a bit funky sometimes.
Remove the side strips - Can be a bit tricky but there are some guides on here.
Any 4x100 alloy wheels. A lot of people run Almera GTi wheels as they're cheap, readily available and look pretty awesome.
You might get lucky one day and find a Renault Laguna front splitter. They're pretty sort after but it's understandable why - they look pretty awesome.
Bit more expensive, but if your car is a base model it's always worth fitting SR/Super S bumpers and a spoiler.
Also, a few cool stickers (touge automotive etc) always help raise the flamboyance of your car.

That's all I've got off the top of my head! Happy tuning :D

Harlen said:
Definitely wait until it passes first :D I've made that mistake before - blowing all my money on parts and then needing to fork out money I don't have for repairs.

As said, lowering springs or coilovers if you find them cheap are always an awesome mod.
You can fit an almera/primera/GA16 airbox (£5 from scrappy) and fit a k&n panel filter (£30). If you wanted to go even further you could install some induction piping to the front of the car.
If your car is a 1.0L a really awesome mod is the 1.3 cams. Nothing fancy, just fit CG13 cams into your CG10. Was the best mod I did to mine, not expensive either if you know how to fit them.
Another scrappy mod is GA16 injectors which are a straight fit, and if you wanted to go even further you could fit the GA16 throttle body. But you need to make a few modifications to it and it can run a bit funky sometimes.
Remove the side strips - Can be a bit tricky but there are some guides on here.
Any 4x100 alloy wheels. A lot of people run Almera GTi wheels as they're cheap, readily available and look pretty awesome.
You might get lucky one day and find a Renault Laguna front splitter. They're pretty sort after but it's understandable why - they look pretty awesome.
Bit more expensive, but if your car is a base model it's always worth fitting SR/Super S bumpers and a spoiler.
Also, a few cool stickers (touge automotive etc) always help raise the flamboyance of your car.

That's all I've got off the top of my head! Happy tuning :D

Whilst what Harlen said is the norm why not try getting creative and do something different

Thanks guys. Will certainly look in to thats. Im in the middle of removing the rear windscreen wiper its a bloody night mare.
Once I have the funds i will definately have a few modifications.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I think Micra wipers look cool. Parked in the upright position!

Mine never came with a wiper from factory...

Dont forget to check the centres on the alloys!

I got some and the alloys centres turned out to be too small for my K11!!

Maybe i can cheakily get away with some spacers ¬¬.