• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Charlie

Bit of an update, she's back in daily use although I am missing pas so may look into retrofitting it, almost got the exhaust hanging properly just need to sort the over axle bend to stop it banging on the axle over bumps but at least it's not vibrating on the front arb anymore aannndddd finally bypassed the dim/dip system so now both headlights are working

There is still a massive list of things I want to sort but I have better things to do in life so they'll get sorted when they're sorted

If you are after a PAS rack and pump my new K11 has one, we can swap as i'm not a fan of Micra PAS :L

I find the standard exhaust mounts way too floppy. try this

dsc06260-jpg.37129

It's the angle of the bend it's too steep

Cheers Ben, I'll let you know

Never know my weedy arms may get use to it again
Power steering is for the weak!!
Although I have it in the March.
And the autotest car.
And I had it on the 1.0.
What was my point again?

Turns out the wiring for a facelift is different to a pre so spent some time swapping pins around until the lights worked as they should, got Friday off so may see if I can get the lights swapped over

Sooo pending the other halfs cooled down, I may be acquiring (yet) another 1.3 micra, which will be stripped of parts that I want then broken

Bit of a better explanation for the spare micra..

With Charlie being 21 this year and all the issues I've had with reliability over the last 6 (all of which is my fault), I decided I had better pull my finger out and sort her engine out before it gives up. Hunting around for a spare 1.3 at a reasonable price turns out to be more of a ball ache than it should be, which is where this car comes in. £150 for an almost complete car with a 1.3 that I know pulls like a train and doesn't leak, plus a few other things on it that'll save me money in the long run.

Once I've got what I need from it everything else will be for sale, so it looks like I'm going to have to pay for full membership again lol

Forgot to say, the recovery guy that picked up the car asked if he could get some photos of Charlie to so he could show his wife, shame she looks like crap at the moment

I'm on a bolt on roll, strut brace, better condition ga airbox, a cap for my washer fluid and a black tow strap (but it doesn't feel like the same quality as my trs one)

Attachments

• 1462556641520.jpg
    1462556641520.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 312
  • 1462556654104.jpg
    1462556654104.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 297
Just a heads up for those still reading, this blog will be mostly containing boring mundane updates whilst I fix or replace little odds and sods

For a long time, maybe when I first put her in the garage half the dash lights haven't worked and for longer the clock light didn't either, swapped all the old bulbs and we're back in business... I did say earlier on its the little things that make the biggest difference.

Next job for the day will be to sort the sagging door, luckily I have the original hinges that were in good condition so I'll dig them out and swap them

Also discovered that my panhard rod is broken, so will be on the hunt for a replacement, anyone know if they're needed for the mot

Also discovered that my panhard rod is broken, so will be on the hunt for a replacement, anyone know if they're needed for the mot

got one spare here. standard one if you want it for postage cost. one side bush missing. but you can use one of your existing ones. think they are same size both sides

For those who are reading this, as you are aware my adjustable panhard rod is broken, luckily I have a very meticulous friend who had a spare stock rod in his garage.

What you can't see in the picture is he's managed to remove the rod with both bushes intact, which means I can just get on and swap them

Attachments

• 1463209954787.jpg
    1463209954787.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 275
Annoyingly the mot list seems to be growing as it draws closer.

Going to require two new tyres, brake light is flickering on and off and I really need to sort the suspension out

Back