Changing tyres

What will be the best cost effective method buy tyres in house and have them fitted or buy online and take them to be fitted.
I have had a quote for 45 per tyre fitted in house that I think pretty good value.

Last edited:
What will be the best cost effective method buy tyres in house and have them fitted or buy online and take them to be fitted.
I have had a quote for 45 per tyre fitted in house that I think pretty good value.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app
What size ect ?
i for conti eco contact 5 from Amazon for £46 each 185/60/14 was cheaper than then all other and cheaper brand tyres for better performance , local garages offered me cheap crap at higher costs
You would first look up hm fitting and balancing would cost local or by mate ,

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Alloy Wheel size is 175 60 R15
And 175 65 R15.
45 pounds each was the quote from a reliable tyre fitter
Fitted and balanced not sure what brand.
It used to be good place for part worn that I was enquiring about.
Mainly to pass up coming mot this month.
Was planning on changing front 2 but getting all 4 since the rear has one with very low tread and of course want them to match evenly.
Also I want to keep the old ones so might get discounted since they charge recycle fee in that price.

Last edited:
Most likley before this I'm going to take it for a full on service to make sure its worth doing.
Should be okay as has done shy of 100 miles since last mot.

Last edited:
Okay so I have a question regarding tyre wall height.
So in the k12 with 15 inch alloys the front and rear are both different height side walls.
What I would like to know is. Would it be possible for me to just match all four sides. Avoiding having to mix the brands ie 2 of one brand and 2 of differing brand.
The main question is would this be a possible change to change them all out to the higher side wall height.
Or even the lower of the two sizes.

The main problem I'm facing. When I visit tyre shops online they list my car as 14 inch wheels.
Via the registration plate. This also gets confusing as they do not go into any detail regarding the slight difference from front to rear.

Front and rear on a k12 should be the same, sure mine were 185/60/15, don't bother with the reg stuff, same as for oils as the are directing k11s to 5/30, tho can run should run on 10/40,

Continental do them that size cause alot of cars are running them like the c1 , 500 ect

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks for that.
Now I just have to decide upon what size I will choose from the two.
Just gonna have a look tomorrow.
To check the side wall heights and try to figure out what will be best for my purpose.
As its going to be used for carrying occasionally.
That and I want it be a more comfortable ride. That I have read you can achieve with the higher sidewalls.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Question for you guys, im rocking 155.80.13s and really need to lose some side wall, what 14s and 15s sizes = my current tyre rolling diameter? i can get some alloys for bugger all so its just getting the correct tyre size. cheers