Changing timing chain 2004 1.2

Hello all.
My first post and looking for any advice on a cam chain change, a link to a full run down on the process would be a great help.
The car is a 2004 1.2s.
It’s my sons, girlfriend’s car, she’s only 18 and it’s her first car, she’s not on a lot of money and although on paper, i know it’s uneconomical to repair, the car is just too good to scrap, it’s a one owner, full Nissan history, and low miles, and she’s grown rather attached to it.
The other day, it stopped, we towed it to a friends garage, he diagnosed the cam sensor and explained it’s a well known fault, he also explained its a big job.
So I’ve bought a cam chain kit, and my sons mate , who is a time served mechanic has said he’ll do the job at mates rates.
So any advice, tips etc, I can pass on to him would be appreciated

Is it just the cam angle sensor or the timing chain.
The sensor is a quick job. Remove the airbox and it's on the right hand side of the engine and bolts on and off. You might not even have to take the air box off either. It could even just be a dirty connection. So uncoupling it squirt WD-40 in on and off a few times will clean it up. A failed sensor would stop the engine and should light the engine light on the dashboard.

If it's a low mileage engine it's unlikely to need a new chain and would have been running noisily before it stopped.
Timing chains rarely suddenly fail but the chain can jump a sprocket which leads to bad performance, loss of power and poor fuel economy.

There should be videos on YouTube on how to change the sensor and also timing chain.

Is it just the cam angle sensor or the timing chain.
The sensor is a quick job. Remove the airbox and it's on the right hand side of the engine and bolts on and off. You might not even have to take the air box off either. It could even just be a dirty connection. So uncoupling it squirt WD-40 in on and off a few times will clean it up. A failed sensor would stop the engine and should light the engine light on the dashboard.

If it's a low mileage engine it's unlikely to need a new chain and would have been running noisily before it stopped.
Timing chains rarely suddenly fail but the chain can jump a sprocket which leads to bad performance, loss of power and poor fuel economy.

There should be videos on YouTube on how to change the sensor and also timing chain.
Some of these experienced timing chain problems which stretched ( Renault)
You have to remove sump on these which is a pain because gear box stops it removing !!
Therefore need to move lossen gearbox to improve access.