Changes soon to affect Non-official members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
After the recent discussions of the way a minority of non official members treat the site, we put a survey to the offical members of the club to see what should be done to try and help stop this.

After listening to comments from official members we put this question to them:

"We propose to limit the max number of posts for a NON official member to 100, and remove all PM rights. After this point they are expected to join up as at least a bronze member. Assuming we make this simple and easy for people to upgrade, and we find a decent way to control those who try to abuse this, in principle are you in favour of this?"

This was felt that it would allow new members to get a feel of the club and offer enough to those who have minor problems and are unlikely to stay. But it would put a stop to long term non members who are not willing to support the as others feel they should do.

The vote has been open for 2 days, and currently stands as this.

Yes I am in favour 84.21%
No I am not in favour 15.79%

This vote will remain open for a week after which the changes will take place.

Nice 1.

See updated membership package thread at the top of this forum for breakdown of club benefits and discounts.

Even more to come once I get chance to bother some more companies.

Kev :)

ok on my hit list are the following compaines.

1. Halfords - originally in place back in the MMN days, should be able to get it back
2. Alton Towers - I know these will give us 10% off tickets
3. Thomas Cook Holidays - I get 10% off with TOC, so worth a go.
4. Thomson Holidays - as above
5. EBC brakes Direct
6. MSC Direct
7. The AA or RAC - Already basically comfirmed with the AA for 10% off
8. More insurance compaines - may leave this one for now, don't want to loose Adrian Flux
9. Envy Performance
10. Apex Performance
11. Nissan - I think we are big enough and well established to finally get some discount on parts and dealer discounts on new cars.
12. Top Gear exhuasts
13. Powerflow

I'm really hoping I pull some of those off, I'm quite persitent when I want to be and usually get what I want to some degree lol!

Kev

Good luck with those Kev! one other suggestion? maybe autoglass or someone like that to for fixing / replacing micra windows.

Kev, thats excellent!

When we actually see what lengths you go to to get discounts etc it shows why we should become members, those are big companies so some work must go in to get these discounts.

I reckon if you started a thread where only you can post with updates on your progress on msc benefits it could entice non-members to join and show the work that is put into it, as I now appreciate it alot more. cheers

just read the full member and wow! i didnt realise you guys were so big and recognised! well dune! *thumbs up* :d

Just a quick question Mark, if all those discounts Kev mentioned were in effect, would you become an official member then? Or would you still think its a waste of a paltry 5p a day?

Well I'll be blunt, it's this simple.

We all have to pay insurance, most of us have modified insurance which comes in at a considerable cost to most and I would say premiums for most would range from £400 upto £1,500 for young drivers starting out.

So just for an example of a £700 insurance bill, to save 10% equals a saving of £70 with only £20 initial outlay for MSC membership, thus making a total saving of £50.

If people continue with the MSC, you save £50 every 12 months, which in fact will increase as your MSC membership reduces.

Now anyone sit there and tell me it's not financially worth being in the MSC!

Kev

but the insurance companys who offer the discount with msc members are not gonna be the cheapest for everyone.

in my eyes its still not enough. the site facilities need improving, maybe even a chat room?

A chat room has been discussed many times before, and at one point (before even I was around) there was one, but it was taken off because it was too hard to moderate.

As for site facilities, what else would you want? There's a Garage section on the way, and a shop, and the guides section is due an overhaul but other than that what does this site have that other paid-for clubs don't have?

I agree that the site needs to have the functions promised and I know these are in the works but people do become impatient when promised things aren't delivered.

But a chat room would take away from the forum and most of us use MSN for non micra chats

goldstar0011 said:
I agree that the site needs to have the functions promised and I know these are in the works but people do become impatient when promised things aren't delivered.

People have to remember that the site was put on early due to the other one dying before it's days were up! Obviously the Garage, features etc are on there way, but James has a job now so cant dedicate as much time as he used to. Im still very impressed of what he's created here already, especially the arcade!! lol, and look forward to further developments he will make.

Kev and Ed have always said If you've got any suggestions, ideas, improvements to the site, then they'l listen! The site's changed alot in the last year ive been a member and im sure these changes have come around from the opinions and views of club members!

yeah the site may be improved in the future but what about now?

I'm not gonna pay and get a promise in return i'd rather wait until the site is improved then pay when i know what i'm getting

Chat was never a good idea, it took away from the site not added to it.

Ed

Mark said:
but the insurance companys who offer the discount with msc members are not gonna be the cheapest for everyone.

in my eyes its still not enough. the site facilities need improving, maybe even a chat room?

Mark,

you have a modified K10 that is having more and more done to it.

Adrian Flux would be perfect for your insurance needs and I'm almost sure that with discount they would be your best option for cost effective insurance.

Therefore giving you a saving of said ££'s and membership to the MSC. I really can't see why that isn't apealing to people.

Kev

Mark said:
yeah the site may be improved in the future but what about now?

I'm not gonna pay and get a promise in return i'd rather wait until the site is improved then pay when i know what i'm getting

*** Smacks head against brick wall!!!!!!!!!!!! ***

You don't JUST PAY £20 for extended forum and site features!

We are following everthing through we have said we would offer and more things are in the pipeline, surely you can see the site delevloping and at the same time the club benefits and discounts I have updated today at the top of general. Anyway your loss Mark...

RE: RE: Changes soon to affect Non-official members.

Arnold said:
People have to remember that the site was put on early due to the other one dying before it's days were up! Obviously the Garage, features etc are on there way, but James has a job now so cant dedicate as much time as he used to. Im still very impressed of what he's created here already, especially the arcade!! lol, and look forward to further developments he will make.

I understand it was up early but that was ages ago and if James can't handle the load then we need more admin.
We are due a lot of features which will probably take some time so someone extra won't be a bad thing.

I wasn't sos ure on this at first but I do think after thinking about it I do think its fair as it gives members an introduction to the site and afterwards if they feel its good enough, which it is getting better and better all the time, then they can upgrade!!! $20 aint gunna break for the bank for most of you hear and its only through non-members joining up that Kev will be able to secure deals with insurance etc. At the end of the day this club will always mainly be for the members, not the non-members and they are the ones who get to put their car on show and get the MSC recognised in the places that really count such as shows and Santa Pod days etc. The more encouragement to join up, wheter that be by adding features or removing rights from non-members I see as a step in the right direction. Obviously non-members need something to get them to return but they must be persuaded to sign up and already I feel this site is worth the 20 pound fee, which I am now paying less on as I have been a member here 3 years. It IS worth the money even as we stand now, and things can only really get better with some of Kevs plans for the progression of the site. Mark, 20 pound isn't alot... I would rather support the club that I have met many friends which I will no doubt keep for a long time and save on my insurance etc, than not support it at all. My two pence worth anyway. :)

What I dont like is being forced off the forum, my post counts is well over 100,

what will happen if I dont pay up?

You aint been forced to pay, I think its just like wanting more out of the site. I can understand how it may seem strange to people who have been signed up for ages but I think it makes sense with new members joining up. They visit site, find it useful, feel they want more benefits out of it and upgrade. :)

i would happily join and pay 20quid if ed wasnt here, simple as that, for admin he's to insulting, argumentative and double standard, or if he toned down the way he talks to ppl

goldstar0011 said:
I understand it was up early but that was ages ago and if James can't handle the load then we need more admin.
We are due a lot of features which will probably take some time so someone extra won't be a bad thing.

They'd need more web developers not admin! Just be patient.. i dont know if James gets paid for the work he does, or does it for nowt for the good of the club but assuming he does, i guess the money would come out the MSC's account. Could it afford to hire another developer when theres the original running costs to consider? I dont really know anything about this so would be a Kev decision!

Im happy to pay my £20 and to gain absolutly nothing more than what i've already got.. i'd actually pay the £20 only just to be part of JAE.. A fantastic event was organised and made some more mates this year, definitly worth the money alone. Alot of people seem to miss the point about meeting up with everyone else and enjoying the atmosphere at these meets. If you'd prefer the anti-social option on the msc, then i believe you can pay a smaller fee - Tenner maybe? - just for the forum access, thats three pence a day!!!

If you exceed the new 100 post limit then theres clearly something of interest on here for you, so its only right you sign up!

Very well put Dan and Arnold!

I totally agree there with your points raised.

I have been around for quite a few years, mainly reading these forums as opposed to posting which explains my post total. There have been times where I have been afraid of posting for concern that I would appear to be on a side or supporting someone else. I am relieved that these days seem to be over.

I am very happy to pay x amount for access to these forums and I'll continue to do so.

As much as I hugely admire some of the non-official members projects - I think I have to say I agree they should part with a few bobs to get access.

thank you Rusty :)

I can't make it any clearer that actually paying £20 for membership will save people money in the long run, putting aside all the other benefits we currently offer...

An insurance premium every 12 months, a demon tweeks order here and there, the use of the NFS discount, K&N etc etc

Kev

Kev

Every post you put now always comes back to the insurance discount, if people can't see the benefit of that just on it's own then they need to ring up and see what they can get!

Question, how do we actually use the discount?
Assuming you don't just say I'm with MSC.

At the end of the day u get out of the club what u put into the club.

I dont have an actual micra as such, but I will be quite happily renewing for as long as I can physically afford to as long as the club is still running.

Ive put a lot of time and effort into the msc in the last couple of years, mainly for my benefit, and local members benefit. I organise meets, so we can all get more from our membership from the club, and we can gain more official members when they come along and sample the knowledge and the atmosphere within the community in the north east. The north east community is the m,ost active in my opinion, and this is due to the work and effort all local members have put in. For example look at jae, there was a great member attendance down there, which was helped along by the 10 plus strong participation from the north east, simple things like offering lifts to those who couldnt take there own cars along helped with the klarge attendance and the crowded stand.

the admin can put as much effort in as possible, but they can only create the space that we fill. we need to make the most of this space, and make it as enjoyable to other people as possible.

I have basically been here since day one, and have seen the msc constantly change - for the better. And I think this change is again for the better. This will get more members involved in the growing of the club, the information within the club will get better, and the attendance at events will get better. £20 is nothing in all honesty, I would pay £20 just to attend jae as its one of the main benefits of becomign an official member.

If you are here to complain, to be honest I dont have time for you. Come to a north east meet, and see what the msc is truely about. Members of a club having a laugh, enjoying themselves, and sharing knowledge on one of their favourote topics - the nissan micra.

The local area reps need to take on some responsibility aswell. If u feel you arent gettign enough from the club, contact them, and see if they can help you in anyway, organising a meet or just an simple get together, thats why we are here, we can try and help on a more personal level, at which point if need be we can relay information back to the admin for them to take further.

Ive made alot of friends on the msc, and always appreciate their help and support both in and outside of the msc.

I dont get paid for organising meets and events, and nor do the admin for running the show, we all do it for one reason. My payment is to see the pleasure on peoples faces as they come and meet other people with the same interests, they forget about their problems, and they enjoy themselves for a few hours doing wot the enjoy best, having fun................................

goldstar0011 said:
Kev

Every post you put now always comes back to the insurance discount, if people can't see the benefit of that just on it's own then they need to ring up and see what they can get!

Question, how do we actually use the discount?
Assuming you don't just say I'm with MSC.

If you give them your member number that should be enough for now, as soon as I have the new cards I will be sending them out to all members.

There seems to be a lot of criticism of the admin as well as the site, to WARRENT the 20pounds membership fee.

How about a new single 'nominated' admin-system where a single admin is voted in on a fortnightly/monthly basis. Voted by members,admin and non menmbers.

kristian

That's quite an interesting idea, however making an admin might be a bit too far, as having another person able to access the admin panel every 2 weeks (or even every month) would pose a bit of a security risk, maybe a "super moderator" position would be better, I'll speak to Ed & Kev about this.

James

I used to be a paid up member of the old site.

I Dont think its fair that you'll be forcing members to either pay up or not use the site.

Just to let you know there will be some new moderator guidelines that I will be introducing that will be of benefit to both the admin team and you the members.

Hi Winst69, long time no here

what you upto these days? :)

I know you yourself used to be an official member and that is direction the MSC has always been heading and when the benefits are all in place and community is back together it will be even more worth while for members.

That is my ultimate goal in continuation of the MSC.

Kev

Thats the point A lot seem to want to get across, Make it even more worth while for members, just dont overlook the fact that people will not always want to become paid up members, These people arnt asking for more, they just dont want to be forced to pay for something your already giving them.

Me I'm good, Broke, Wrote off my pride and joy and now drive a Almera, But on the look out for a new micra to play with.

I do agree that maybe we need some sort of new mod/admin, james works like mad as far as I know with all the new coding needed, Mike, Ed and Kev get all the grief for doing the moderating.

Maybe several moderators for each area or moderators designated to perform certain tasks on a weekly basis.

Broke.....lol I know how you feel!!!

Sorry to hear about the micra, good choice in the almera, I was close to getting one of those as well..... I take it's the GTI?

I know what you are saying and yes there will always be some that will not want to financially contribute to use the forum / join the MSC in what ever form. However when all the benefits are in place and I still say that the current ones far outway the initial joining fee anyway......that is fact.

Since the new forum change and changes to the forum structure earlier this year, the membership has grown, the site has got better and still improving, the benefits are begining to take real form and the majority of official members can see this change and are encouraging the club further. So if I didn't see that improvement and growth then I too would not be in favour of the changes made. Such as in the work place, some will never accept change even if it's blinding obvious it's for the best.

Kev

Kev said:
7. The AA or RAC - Already basically comfirmed with the AA for 10% off

PLEASE let me know once you have arranged the AA i need to join and that 10% would be exeptional.

i think the offers we have are amazing and with the ones on ur list people would be stupid not to join really. as a webdesigner and webhost myself i know the effects of setting certain areas to member only and restricting on parts. but i think this would be a smart move for MSC.

I know this is going over what i've already said, but Please rethink the limits you put on non members, by all means have member only sections, Just dont take away whats already in place.

I agree with you kev, The discounts you have arranged and are arranging, would save you more that you've put in, unfortunantly not everyone sees it like that, And i've learnt its best not argue with such people, they'll never see it from your point of view.

As for the almera, No sorry its a 52 plate 5 door 1.8 se.
With mods on the way.

RE: RE: Changes soon to affect Non-official members.

James said:
having another person able to access the admin panel every 2 weeks (or even every month) would pose a bit of a security risk, maybe a "super moderator" position would be better,
James

point taken

and to further goldstars point... the admin get the grief?? So why not let others get a taster ...

kristian

goldstar0011 said:
I do agree that maybe we need some sort of new mod/admin, james works like mad as far as I know with all the new coding needed, Mike, Ed and Kev get all the grief for doing the moderating.

Maybe several moderators for each area or moderators designated to perform certain tasks on a weekly basis.

if you guys need any help with coding im qualified in html, php and i know a bit of java...

i can lend my skills for a few hours a day etc to help with the development of the site...

This is the attitude needed to improve the site, we all can say this or that needs to be done but then it's left to a few people only who are moaned at for not doing it.

If there's anything we can do I'm sure we'll do it!

I think I'd be good at running the entire site, you will all feel the wrath of Goldstar0011!!

happily join and pay 20quid if ed wasnt here, simple as that, for admin he's to insulting, argumentative and double standard, or if he toned down the way he talks to ppl

well ricardo swarez is in the same boat as me by the sound of things.
iv seen how ed talks to people on here and to be honest one day he will get a right kick in the fcuking teeth, hes a bum rapping muppet, cant post no more then 100posts unless u spend 20quid to be a official member! that sucks ed u need ur ****1ng head sorting out man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back