Changed my front pads but got a problem

my old pads were down to the steel and beginning to grind and its not like me to neglect the micra but funds only allowed this week to get new pads lol :p

anyhow this is the first set of pads ive put on the micra (got nearly 40k out of em :D:D)

the pedal was always nice and firm, if not a bit abrupt, there was no travel or free play in it at all, as soon as u tapped the pedal they were slammed on, nice and precise which is how i liked it, and they maintained this way until today...

today i changed the pads with no problem, then i bled the system until i had no air, just fluid coming out of the nipple but now the pedal is very very spongey, there is a lot of travel before you feel the brakes beginning to come in and even when they do, they dont stop it too fantastically...

what could be the problem? cheers in advance guys :D sorry about the essay...

it sounds like you,ve let some air into the system andy :eek: (tho i dont know why you would want to bleed it anyway ?) if you clamp each flexy in turn and try the pedal, you should be able to find which corner has the air ingress

i bled it to get the air out of the system while changing them lol ive bled each corner in turn and there is no air coming out at all, might i be bleeding them wrong?

just some clear rubber piping (a tight fit to the nipple) into a jar of fluid exactly. and yes a im holding it down until its closed.
would how 'open' the nipple is affect it?

hehe i just said nipple :D

Back