Change of stereo!

Decided to ditch the standard Nissan radio cassette/Radio and replace with CD player. I have done this on loads of cars over the years but never have I seen such a complicated way of getting a stereo out!! You have to take off half the bloody dashboard to get to it!
Anyway, once done, I realised that I needed to buy a suitable adapter to get the Nissan wires to fit the new stereo (no probs, trip to Halfords). I also needed an arial adapter (as the standard arial is a female connector and the new stereo is requires a male input). Got it all together, plugged it all in and ... nothing.
I know the power is OK, I know the wires are OK (and the adapter) but the damn thing will not fire up!! I am guessing it's knackered (it was only a cheap one) so I am taking back for a replacement today but is there anything I should know? Nothing funny about the Micra electrics?
And I did check and double check all the fuses/connections/installations instructions etc. but like I say, I have fitted countless stereos over the years and never had 1 problem!

Cheers

Jon

make sure that the casing of the sterio touches a metal piece of the body work.

I had this problem with my mates k11.

It wouldnt work unless i took one of the fixing brackets off the standard sterio and fit it to the car. then slide the new sterio in and it should work.

hope this helps

I had a similar problem when I first got it, it wouldn't work cause the earth wasn't connected, I think it was the aerial needed to be connected for it to power up.

Stereo

Thanks for that. As the arial connector was different, and I did not have an adapter, I did not plug it in so I am guessing that was the reason why it didn't fire up! How annoying. Will have another go tomorrow and see how I get on.

Many thanks
Jon

probably one of the easiest installs imo...

just be prepared... relevent iso block etc...

try a K12 there a nightmare...

Stereo

Easy enough, just so much stuff to come off before you even get the stereo!
I have fitted stereos in Fiats, Vauxhalls, Rovers, Citroens etc. but never had to dismantle everything!
My boss has just bought a new Mondeo and wanted a fancy bluetooth handsfree fone jobby fitted but has been quoted £100's in labour as they will have to take out nearly all the dashboard etc. just to get to the bits they need behind the stereo etc. He was not happy...

Cheers

Jon

Back