CGA3DE X-Alpha

Soo.. has anyone ever gotten a hold of this 101 ps engine? or know anything about what Nissan did to get those extra ponies out of it? I could guess myself on some different pistons and a cam change, but hard facts would be interesting.

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I think the actual lump is the same but tubular manifold and larger body and lightly tinkered inlet are the differences

frank

Club Member
Soo.. has anyone ever gotten a hold of this 101 ps engine? or know anything about what Nissan did to get those extra ponies out of it? I could guess myself on some different pistons and a cam change, but hard facts would be interesting.
tubular mani, 10:1 c/r, a 236deg/8.3mm lift inlet cam and a milder than stock exhaust cam apparently

OP
OP
Karsten
Yeah all pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking Frank, thanks though, no real reason to get one shipped here.

OP
OP
Karsten
9.5:1 for the 1.3 CGA3DE, which is a 1348cc giving it 85 PS.

The 1.3 CG13DE is 9.5:1 but only 1275 cc = 79 PS.

It's not really the compression ratio change that's doing all the work here, I'm blaming the cams and the exhaust manifold.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
9.5:1 for the 1.3 CGA3DE, which is a 1348cc giving it 85 PS.

The 1.3 CG13DE is 9.5:1 but only 1275 cc = 79 PS.

It's not really the compression ratio change that's doing all the work here, I'm blaming the cams and the exhaust manifold.

10:1 compression, improved manifold and cams with Intake: 236deg - 8.32mm lift, Exhaust: 214deg - 7.05mm lift.