CGA3DE Engine Swap Question!

Hi Guys, So I'm biting the bullet and converting my Pan's standard MA10S for a K11 CG engine, and I can't wait! I've found a 2001 1.4 donor car with 39000 on the clock for a good price, but need to act fast. BUT!!! I can't find out if anyone's done the engine swap with the CGA3DE which is the 1.4 Now I know from reading posts that the CG13DE (the 1.3) is a straight swap. But can't find anything about the 1.4. Can anyone help, Any help will be much appreciated! And I promise to share all the details once I have the swap done! Thanks.

OP
OP
RB_Pao
the cg swap is easier g/box wise, but the cga needs the coilpack flywheel and g/box
Hi Frank, thanks for that, one of the reasons for doing the swap is that my auto gearbox is playing up, so I was planning on taking both engine and gearbox and swapping over. So you're saying it can be done, just a little harder?

frank

Club Member
the fitting will be straight forward mate, the wiring will be a mission tho (may be easier to fit the k11 steering column/fusebox etc)

OP
OP
RB_Pao
So I I have managed to find my new engine, it's a 40,000 mile early 2002. All very clean, they're currently both being eyed up outside the engineers garage! Im sure I will have some stuff left over if anyone needs it, including the 5 spoke alloys!

Attachments

• mms_20170502_144548.jpg
    mms_20170502_144548.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 407
  • mms_20170502_144554.jpg
    mms_20170502_144554.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 417
  • mms_20170502_175406.jpg
    mms_20170502_175406.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 452

MikeHP

Site Supporter
Shame to see such a nice clean example - uncommon top-spec SE+, 3dr, great colour - going down, especially as its just had a bunch of work done for MOT last month! I'm thinking surely there must be a less destructive (and less expensive) way to get hold of a CGA3 donor! But that's just me - I have a soft spot for the 2nd facelift K11 (and chrome bumper trims, haha)

Don't mean to take anything away from your project - the 1.4 Pao will be bloody awesome!

OP
OP
RB_Pao
Hey Mike, yeah I know, it feels vicious, and I'm normally totally against it, but the Pao's little engine is in a state and it was either invest for life, or we were going to have to get rid of it. So we found the nicest Micra for the money, it's been well looked after, and hopefully this will give the Pao the usability we need as a family car, and for the next 20 years! But, don't forget, we're not totally taking it to pieces, so anyone who wants it as a project afterwards is welcome to get in touch! I'll keep this updated as teh project moves along so anyone interested can see how it goes!

MikeHP

Site Supporter
Hey Mike, yeah I know, it feels vicious, and I'm normally totally against it, but the Pao's little engine is in a state and it was either invest for life, or we were going to have to get rid of it. So we found the nicest Micra for the money, it's been well looked after, and hopefully this will give the Pao the usability we need as a family car, and for the next 20 years! But, don't forget, we're not totally taking it to pieces, so anyone who wants it as a project afterwards is welcome to get in touch! I'll keep this updated as teh project moves along so anyone interested can see how it goes!
Makes total sense to me. The Pao will always be the more worthwhile investment and I'm sure you'll find all the help & support you need here.

I see a GA16/QG18/SR20 build coming up with the leftover rolling shell... Hey, you should do it! ;-)

Good luck!