CGA3 High Comp Forged Pistons 12.2:1

Hi,

Looking to raise my comp ratio, so am considering headskim and/or high comp pistons but have a tight budget constraint at the same time :/

Has anyone got any experience with these:
(and cost?)

How much would be reasonable to assume for piston fitting?

Its basically either go for a 2mm headskim, which is a much cheaper alternative to get around 11.5:1 comp ratio but at the downside of having the lower tensioner fully extended (I don't know what this could then lead onto, anyone?), or go for these pistons to get 12.2:1 but then be prepared to shell out...

My car is a daily so my initial gut feeling is that these high comp forged pistons are a step too far for a road car and I'm guessing labour to fit pistons is not going to be cheap at all... and reading about bedding new pistons in sounds like a massive hassle, given I need this car running every day with no bs...

1.png

Last edited:

frank

Club Member
if you are not gonna diy, my advice would be to buy a faster car tbh ihtisham.
the labour cost and poor return when you come to sell just is,nt worth it imo.
i had loads of fun modding my micra,s, but it was all ghetto modding, my current car (1.3 iq) is just as much fun to drive but far more refined and reliable.
the lower tensioner full extended is only a problem if it has,nt fully tightened the chain (which is dependant on how much the chain has worn)

if you are not gonna diy, my advice would be to buy a faster car tbh ihtisham.
the labour cost and poor return when you come to sell just is,nt worth it imo.
i had loads of fun modding my micra,s, but it was all ghetto modding, my current car (1.3 iq) is just as much fun to drive but far more refined and reliable.
the lower tensioner full extended is only a problem if it has,nt fully tightened the chain (which is dependant on how much the chain has worn)

Thanks for the honest advice :)

I am definitely getting a new (hopefully faster!) car in July/August when I start the world of work right on the south coast. This car is for a bit of fun before my life gets serious! But yeah I completely understand, no point throwing so much cash into something and not getting much in return.

I'll forget about the expensive pistons and take the head off myself for a local machine shop skim for about £40. I'll bite the bullet and go for 2mm since imo the car is very low mileage so the chain won't have worn as much as a 100k K11 etc. And if it has, then oh well not much I can do then lol...

This car may go to my brother after if he wants to carry on with the work but I'm sure he'll want to do his own TDI project by then.

Cheers.