CGA engine conversion

Blake

Ex. Club Member
can anybody help, i realy want to fit a cga 1.4 to my 1.0,

i would be useing the 1.0 ecu, gearbox and everything else,

are there any problems im gunna come across? and is it a straight swap?

hope someone can help im not fitting the engine myself i just need to do the research before i jump in with both feet :)

its a straight swap. not sure if it runs on the 1.0 ECU or not, if it does let me know lol...

I currently run a cga3de on a 1.0 gearbox (as my gearbox broken and i could only source a 1.0 box).

I also know somebody whose done a conversion from 1.0 to 1.4, he said its very easy, his also using the 1.0 gearbox but he is using the 1.4 ecu...

can anybody help, i realy want to fit a cga 1.4 to my 1.0,

i would be useing the 1.0 ecu, gearbox and everything else,

are there any problems im gunna come across? and is it a straight swap?

hope someone can help im not fitting the engine myself i just need to do the research before i jump in with both feet :)

depends on what engine you have already. do you have a CG10 or a CGA1?

Likewise, I have the

CG10DEK11 March / Micra2000–20021.0 L (998 cc)71.0mm63.0mm9.8:160 PS (44kW) @6000rpm8.6 kg·m (84 N·m/62 ft·lbf) @4000rpmDOHC, coil packs

but I wish to install the

CGA3DEK11 March / Micra
Z10 Nissan Cube2000–20021.4 L (1348 cc)72.0mm82.8mm9.5:185 PS (63kW) @6000rpm12.2 kg·m (120 N·m/88 ft·lbf) @4000rpmDOHC, coil packs

is it only the engine that needs updating? nex, how much cash do you want for doing it if I get the engine? any other parts I should get hold of first? by the way, it's an auto!

ok well its all down to the coil packs then, if the current engine doesn't have a coilpack system then lots of modification to the wiring will have to be done

that engine you have is coilpack and the cga3de will swap straight in.

The mythical "CGA1DE" is actually CG10DE but with a different ECU, loom and head but it shares the same engine code.

that engine you have is coilpack and the cga3de will swap straight in.

The mythical "CGA1DE" is actually CG10DE but with a different ECU, loom and head but it shares the same engine code.

I was offered a 4000 miles 1.4 manual for £££, but he said it didn't have a starter or alternator, but the mileage was confirmed and it had a 3 month warranty. I asked him for an auto though. I'm still looking around for a good one, ... if it's a straight swap then who wants a go at installing it and at what price? :D

I was offered a 4000 miles 1.4 manual for £££, but he said it didn't have a starter or alternator, but the mileage was confirmed and it had a 3 month warranty. I asked him for an auto though. I'm still looking around for a good one, ... if it's a straight swap then who wants a go at installing it and at what price? :D

I should think that you could drop a manual straight in with no problem.

I should think that you could drop a manual straight in with no problem.

I wish to keep it as an automatic though. very sick of traffic jams and congestion and constantly moving my feet about. the auto is more practical. Anyway, the manual has the 'alternator' and 'starter kit' missing.

Changing the engine is not really my thing. don't have time to read up on it because of work, part-time uni, guitar practise and much reading and fitness to do ;)

Back