CG16 engine into Micra

mayes

Ex. Club Member
Can anyone tell me or give me advice on fitting a CG16 in the micra does it bolt straight in and does the 1300 gearbox fit and what is the best 1600 to fit that gives most power from standard

Can anyone tell me or give me advice on fitting a CG16 in the micra does it bolt straight in and does the 1300 gearbox fit and what is the best 1600 to fit that gives most power from standard

Hi Mayes
I realise this is no help to you but i would love to hear the wealth of knowledge hereabouts definitive answer to this so will be watching along with you.
I do also realise that there are a number of threads on here covering individual swops but it would bee great to pool all that information with the why's and wherefores of each persons experience. So I hope we see some of the information collated as it where.

Kind regards

Malcolm

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i'm with frank on this one, CG16? i think you might mean the GA16, try seaching for that you might have more luck

ok the guy made an honest mistake but here it goes nothing...

GA16DE

The GA16DE can be made to fit the K11 with the least amount of modification in comparison with other similar Nissan motors. If the water pump is replaced with an electric water pump, the chassis rail will not need to be cut into to make the engine fit. The RHS & rear?engine mounts have to be modified to fit the GA engine, with the gearbox retained in it's original position. See gearbox section for deatils of RS5F30A, RS5F31A & RS5F31V.

* 1596cc
* Bore 76mm
* Stroke 88mm
* cast iron block, aluminium head

There are three versions of the GA16DE as follows
UK spec

Using a CG style throttlebody/afm/idle control, this is the lowest power option but also simplest to fit. It is very similar to the Japan spec GA15DE.

* from N14 & N15? Almera, P10 Primera
* 99PS = 73kW @ 000rpm
* kgm = Nm @ 000rpm
* CR :1

1991-1996 spec

In all other markets the GA16DE had variable inlet cam phasing, traditional throttle & plenum, and remote mounted MAF.

* from N14, B13
* 35mm? bore cast aluminium MAF
* aluminium (or pressed steel)? rockercover
* 110PS = 81kW @ 6000rpm
* 15kgm = 147Nm @ 4000rpm
* CR 9.5:1

1996-1999 spec

* from N15, B14
* 80mm? bore black plastic MAF
* black plastic rockercover
* 120PS = 88kW @ 6400rpm
* 14.8kgm = 145Nm @ 4400rpm
* CR 9.9:1

and if this is the engine you are talking about the answer is no, its just not a bolt off and bolt on job it takes a bit of cuting welding and metal making aswell as some mechanicals skills is it doable? YES!!! it is is it simple? you would have to judge that. done once before every one have their own way of doing thing and some help some dont would I do it again? Yes I am in fact not a Micra lover but I like working on the they represent a good challenge