CG13DE clutch

I think about getting 110 hp inside my K11 CG13DE, but how about the clutch?? Will the oem one hold this power??

I've been told a GA16DE clutch will fit directly on the CG13DE engine, but has it ever been done?

Or is there a way to simply upgrade my clutch for more power? Like another friction plate?

gr Chrismo

OP
OP
C
ok! But to be honest my clutch is not 100% any more. So when I swap the engine, I think about putting in another/new/more heavy one to be sure.

Chrismo

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Standard clutches are fine for the majority of people on here with the usual bolt on performance upgrades.......exhaust, intake, cams, ecu.

I have recently upgraded but only because of future plans and the old clutch was far from worn.......I reckon it still had a few years left in it. Yours will be fine :)

OP
OP
C
Ok ,the main reason I posted this topic is I want to make an engineswap in one weekend. When I take off the old gearbox I don't like to be surpriced with somthing like a worn out clutch.

I take the risk, as I read here!

Thanks!!

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
thats another thing, if the standard one is worn and your replacing it anyway and the uprated clutch isnt much more money, go for uprated.

as dave says also could come in handy for future :)