CG13 with CG10 gearbox

i know this is a question that my have been answered but cant find it, to lower the finel drive do i need a 1.0 gearbox and or clutch, flywheel or change the diff.

the car i got is a L reg super s, i got a couple of 1.0l gearboxes there but that out of a simular age car, what box would i need.

Sorry for being a idiot here but I understand that it before 2000 but what year did they start putting the right gearbox into them and how do I tell, only making sure I buy the right car. Thanks

1.0 gearbox with final ratio of 1.3 gearbox would be awesome, because 1.0 gearbox has better ratios between gear than 1.3 gearbox. 1.3 gearbox seems to have such difference between 3rd and 4th, and that doesnt happen on 1.0 gearbox.

If you look closely the gear separation between the CG10 and CG13 in terms of ratios is not much different, the overall ratios being shorter make the difference feel less but it's very close if you compare figures.

I find the biggest difference between 1st and 2nd gear the main issue. Plot the overall drive ratios in excel and see for yourself, there's not a huge difference between boxes, especially 1st, 2nd & 3rd. If you want to see a radical difference try plotting them against the ratios of the 31V short ratio box from the March R and then you'll see what a more perfect gearbox would be for a well tuned K11, (except for the fact that, like a 1.0, it will be a bit of a buzz bomb on the motorways).

All ratio information is available to see on the K11 gearbox wiki. March R boxes are like rocking horse poo though......

Reviving an old thread.
I have put into my Micra 1.0 automatic:
1.3 engine
1.0 flywheel
1.0 clutch + pressure plate
1.0 driveshafts
1.0 gearbox linkage
Everything was direct fit but I am experiencing clutch slip. Do I need to upgrade the clutch? The 1.o clutch doesn't support the extra power of the 1.3 engine?

Back