CG13/Ecu check.

Hey all.

I'm getting confused by looking at threads I've found through search, hoping someone can help clarify for me.

I have a Nissan Pao (based on K10 Micra) that I'm fitting a CG13 engine to. Has come from a NATS car, I have most of the interior loom which has the ignition barrel/NATS bits complete.

My understanding is that I can fit a non-NATS ECU, with some pin out tweaks and that'll work fine with the engine loom and mean that I don't need the interior loom or any of the NATS bits.

Is that right? If so, are CG10 and CG13 ECUs similar enough that they'll work in this situation?

I'm planning separate fuel pump/swirl pot, rather than trying to use K11 fuel tank/pump.

Thanks,
Simon

frank

Club Member
that should be pre-facelift then mate, there were different types of connecting plugs from the ecu loom to the cabin loom (white brown and black iirc) so they,re not very interchangeable, and yours should have a nats box behind the heater

OP
OP
S
Yep, car was pre-facelift.

I'm not fussed about hooking up the interior loom, planning to keep most of the existing Pao loom for that. What I'm trying to find out is whether I can use the engine loom/ecu connection with a non-NATS ECU. Does that make sense?

frank

Club Member
yes you can swap some pinouts and then feed the ecu with an ign switch mate, the extra wires are for the idle control feeds and fuel pump iirc

frank

Club Member
the pre nats ones are the smaller oblong ones simon, and there are some wiring diags out there that you can compare the pinouts

OP
OP
S
yeah, I'd worked that out on ECU - but are they all the same 1.0 vs 1.3 and Manual vs Auto? Or will any of those smaller oblong ones be fine.

I'll hunt out wiring..

frank

Club Member
the 1.0 apparently had a more aggressive spark map, but i think they are basically all the same but the 1.3 goes further up the load tables