cg13 cams in cg10.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
title says it all, did a search but nothing speaks to me...

atm iam running a 1.0, but i have a full 1.3 engine and running gear in my green shell. i love the fuel econmey in the 1.0 and if i can help it i dont want to loose it... i could fit tthe 1.3 engine but i dont think i want to.

i basiclly want to make my 1.0 faster its okay in straight lines but uphill its so slow over a 1.3.

so back to the title..1.3 cams in a 1.0, i know it can be done i would like to know what fuel econemy would be like, and how much power there will be? i dont want to fit them and find out its worse off i.e slower up hill etc... iam just aiming for a car thats good on fuel, and thats quick for a 1.0.

anything else i could swap over to make my 1.0 faster? i have never looked into fitting 1.3 parts to a 1.0 its always been the other way around lol.

dan

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
The CG13 would proly be more economical TBH.

Someone's selling a CG13 for like £130. May as well drop it in!

i already have a cg13 engine and i have ran both cars...and the cg10 is deffo better on fuel than a cg13 :)

frank, i have searched and i know you can make a cg10 100bhp with 1.3 cams and other mods..but as said i havent really looked into modifying a cg10 :laugh:

Stani1029

Club Member
you can do it easy, park both cars beside each other, strip them down to the cams, put both at tdc. swap them over(aswell as the buckets and shims) refit everything, when doing a change like this you can hold the toothed wheel from the end of each cam in the chain once the cams removed and simply put the new cam into it without upsetting the timing. if your not sure dont do it lol

frank

Club Member
frank, i have searched and i know you can make a cg10 100bhp with 1.3 cams and other mods..but as said i havent really looked into modifying a cg10 :laugh:

you,ve got 2 choices really dan, power "or" economy (unless you go gas or diesel)
the 1.3 cams will only gain about 5hp imo, and if you dont diy its barely worth it (and the difference in mpg would be minimal) :)
a lighter flywheel will give you a bit more pep eh (and not affect the mpg)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member

You need to do some more research. 100hp from a 1.0 is not going to happen easily, that's proposterous. Craig managed 75hp on a 1.0 with 1.3 cams, full exhaust etc on a stock mapped ECU years ago. More is possible with a good tune but the CG13 will yield you much better economy for the same BHP rating.

If you want economy stick with the 1.0 and forget about modifying it. If you want more power and a good economic compromise, go back to a stock CG13 and live with it.

Otherwise you'll have to sacrifice economy if you want more power.

Not havin a go, just laying out some facts......wild bhp figures seem to get shot around these forums quite a bit ;)

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
dan i dunno why you are messing about like this. the gains to be had are minimal for all the faffing about, plus u dont know how to swap them! lol

if you want more power stick the 1.3 in, tbh i cant believe you ever went for the 1.0 after driving the 1.3.

and talking of bad mpg from the 1.3 is unreal. i doubt you'll get a better performing/economical engine than the cg13. its a great mix of the two!

stop wasting your time and money with daft stuff and focus it onto something worthwhile. you'd have been better off putting the money into the green micras bodywork.

now go n slap yourself and come back!!! lol

see you saturday - you owe me a pint

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
dan i dunno why you are messing about like this. The gains to be had are minimal for all the faffing about, plus u dont know how to swap them! Lol

if you want more power stick the 1.3 in, tbh i cant believe you ever went for the 1.0 after driving the 1.3.

And talking of bad mpg from the 1.3 is unreal. I doubt you'll get a better performing/economical engine than the cg13. Its a great mix of the two!

Stop wasting your time and money with daft stuff and focus it onto something worthwhile. You'd have been better off putting the money into the green micras bodywork.

Now go n slap yourself and come back!!! Lol

yeah daaaan!!

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
dan i dunno why you are messing about like this. the gains to be had are minimal for all the faffing about, plus u dont know how to swap them! lol

and talking of bad mpg from the 1.3 is unreal. i doubt you'll get a better performing/economical engine than the cg13. its a great mix of the two!

stop wasting your time and money with daft stuff and focus it onto something worthwhile. you'd have been better off putting the money into the green micras bodywork.

now go n slap yourself and come back!!! lol

trust you to say somthing...mard arse lol...

you dont deserve a pint :p

1.3 engine swap it is then! lol

baguete

Site Supporter
100hp from a 1.0 is not going to happen easily, that's proposterous. Craig managed 75hp on a 1.0 with 1.3 cams, full exhaust etc on a stock mapped ECU years ago.

100hp from a 1.0 its not easy. I manage 81hp from my 1.0 and with several mods. Still have 1.6 TB and NME cams to put in, and remap it, so i hope for 90hp, but we will see what it gets.

But a 1.3 engine is the solution for instant power... Go for it. (Y)

superls

K10 Tuner
i disagree, 1.3 cams, crank, rods and pistons ftw, cg13 with a cg10 engine number, mr plod, mr insurance and mr dan happy all at the same time.

100hp from a 1.0 its not easy. I manage 81hp from my 1.0 and with several mods. Still have 1.6 TB and NME cams to put in, and remap it, so i hope for 90hp, but we will see what it gets.

But a 1.3 engine is the solution for instant power... Go for it. (Y)
Hi baguete :) i have a 1.0 and im looking at what cams to fit , do you think it would be worth getting the 1.0 cams reground , or putting in 1.3 cams? Thanks ;)

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
Hi baguete :) i have a 1.0 and im looking at what cams to fit , do you think it would be worth getting the 1.0 cams reground , or putting in 1.3 cams? Thanks ;)
Nate you really will get much more response posting your own new topics, some of these members aren't around anymore this topic is 2 years old.