• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

CG10DE Blog

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
scottish-sr said:
Cool, just wondering as there is lots of posts up saying that you should be near a 1.3 BHP with the exhaust but I've not seen anyone have a Janspeed on a 1L yet.

iv had one on my 1 ltr for about 6 months

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Wrenchable said:
Keep the car road legal at all times? Well youi might as well declare all your mods to the insurance then! Police cant check emissions on the roadside yet! or can they?
yes the police can do roadside emissions checks.
and a cg10 won't pass an emissions test with a janspeed manifold on, regardless of having a second cat or not. so you might as well remove second cat anyway as it's illegal already.

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I'm picking up a CG13 in a couple of weeks anyway :) and due to a little detour in my project, the manifold will be being replace with a different design, which will fall within emissions.

Out of curiousity why won't the CG10 pass?

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Alienfish360 said:
I'm picking up a CG13 in a couple of weeks anyway and due to a little detour in my project, the manifold will be being replace with a different design, which will fall within emissions.

Out of curiousity why won't the CG10 pass?
i think it's because the fuels runs richer or something. some cg13 have been know to fail with just the center cat aswell.
any details of the detour?
whats the new design, custom? and how will it pass emissions test. i'm not doubting you, just curious.

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
CG10s run quite rich for some reason :S dont know why i know about his de-tour but ill let phil say whats happening..

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Raceworx said:
CG10s run quite rich for some reason :S
could this be corrected with an apexi safc? i think i read somewhere about the fse regulator being able to alter the fuel ratio. does anyone know if this is true?

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
yes it could be i dont think an FSE would drop the fuel pressure its more to do with the ECU if its aiming for a specific value then it will just open the injectors longer.. micra pete knows the ecu values inside out he would be able to tell you better

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I've decided against putting the CG13 in for the time being, going to build the manifold part of the down pipe around it whilst it's on the stand, and wait till I get a heavy duty clutch on it first, save me having to take the gearbox off again, whilst it's on the car.

Just need to sort a Tig welder out :)

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Thanks Ed!

I received the Cams while I was away, they look so sexay!

Anyway, got around to fitting them today, and measuring the shims, but... and I say

BUT........

I manage to snap a bolt that holds the cam down :mad:

So I need to get to the scrappy and buy a bolt for 20p
and then measure the clearances so I can work out what sized shims I need.

I should then be able to get the shims machined and should have them by next weekend :D

stonesie

Grease Monkey!
Alienfish360 said:
Thanks Ed!

I manage to snap a bolt that holds the cam down :mad:

So I need to get to the scrappy and buy a bolt for 20p
and then measure the clearances so I can work out what sized shims I need.

Hope your local scrappy just lets you get on with it mate because round here they would sell you the complete head as they know that if you remove 1 of those bolts they are lumbered with a head thats difficult to sell.

if you go for nitrous on this project then i would say wizards of nos kits with a progressive controller.

on a site i used to use a guy got well into the 13's in a 2.0 16v nova... the only engine mod was a wizards of nos kit and controller:slm:

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I would be using Wizards of NOS.....

I've thought this through, about them trying to sell me the head. But my local scrappy will let you remove what ever and take it to him for a price, I'll remove 2 bolts one in pocket and one to buy, so I can give it to him if he doesn't sell it :D

What I am worried about, is that I'm hoping the bolt sheered high enough for me to get grips to unscrew it from the head.

weld a bolt or steel pin across the top of the sheared bolt to make a 't', it will make it easier to turn with more leverage, also the heat from the weld should help the bolt free off, good luck Phil.

stonesie

Grease Monkey!
If you do end up having to drill the threds out (worst case) then forget helicoils.... i hate them.

Timesert's are the daddy's they are a solid insert and much better then helicoils.

used to build engines for a living and where i worked helicoil was a worse word than any swareword lmao, they would only use timeserts

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
right well it's sheared off in the head.....

So I'm off to get a set of Easy Out.........

but, on the other hand I've just dropped a sprocket for the camshaft......... GRRRRR

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Well I drilled the first pilot hole then drilled the second for the easy out, but then the drill bit snapped leaving it IN the hole. Grrrrrr

However the bolt is now out!

Measured the clearances, just waiting on my shims now :)

Nos

Im up for some NOS too but it will be my final mod so not fro a while yet.
I need time to save for this too...lol ££££

Have you read the Wizards Book? (available from Eds online store)

and have you got an insurance quote from Adrian Flux if so what was it?

mine was £340 TPFT (on a K10...no other mods at time of quote)

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Yeah, I have the book! and I was planning on using the WoN kit too. Nitrous isn't that expensive in both insurance and cost I found!

agreed for running costs pretty damn cheep once the novelty has peaked and the set up was OK and the engine is not damaged.......but the initial outlay is abit of a bump...especially if a progressive controller is included

WON starter plus basic controler is best part of £1K!!

do you think the K10 &/or K11 would take any more than a 50 shot (starting with 50 ofcourse)

I can immagine that even a modest 50shot would be more than suitable for a weight reduced car...

scratch that... I've just read through your threads on the wizards forum...

I will be making my first purchase from the wizards this week GRIN

Due to costs I will be doing it in stages £££ ofcourse...are u still nosing?

As far as I know Ed has pionered the MA09 + NOS

Me and thee could me the first to wizards-up an MA10 and a CG10DE lump

...or is that 'blow-up'???lol

For reference my ID is WISC on the wizards forum...might see u in there?

deano123456

Ex. Club Member
as far as im aware some police can i was driving threw walthamstow one day and they had a sign up emisions tests and was pulling people over at the side of the road so i turnt round and wen the other way hehe

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Some police can what?

Nitrous is in no way illegal as long as it's declared just like any other mod.

And, suprisingly I got quite a good quote for nitruos too.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Some police can what?

Nitrous is in no way illegal as long as it's declared just like any other mod.

And, suprisingly I got quite a good quote for nitruos too.

you also have to have a green compressed gas sticker on the back of your can to make it legal, like ambulances etc have.

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
you also have to have a green compressed gas sticker on the back of your can to make it legal, like ambulances etc have.

This is not true.

This is mis-interpreted.

This is only true for commercial vehicles. Private vehicles have no requirement for a label on your car.

Same way as you don't need a compressed gas sticker on your car if you're carrying LPG

Antony

Ex. Club Member
erm....thats a page of bull...

18" wheels on a 1.0l micra?

and most of that stuff is pulled straight from a catalogue of parts companies.... lowered monroe shocks? they only do standard ones..lol

superchiped ecu????? im not aware there is one for the 1.0l engine with a turbo setup...

if you read the whole thing, it doesnt make any sence...