• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

CG10DE Blog

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Ok, some of you may have guessed, that I'm planning a quick CG10DE K11 and I'm aiming for a 1/4 mile of 15.999.

Now, I'll be using this to keep people updated, probably monthly as I get paid, and update with photo's and check off my list of planned items, so may even help people.

Plans:

• Full exhaust system (backbox on, Manifold arriving in a week or 2, rest of the system going to be home made)
  • Fast Road Cams
  • GReddy E-Manage Blue
  • Re-Map
  • Border Bucket Seat
  • Nitrous Oxide

At the moment it's just the Ashley Competition backbox, lowered, 14" alloys, strut brace, opened Air Box, Green Cotton Air Filter, stripped and trimmed rear, Swoosh 60mm tacho.

Now, I know, There's not much been done now, but I have a set of CG13 cams ready to be sent away to be re-profiled to Fast Road as soon as I have the cash, which should hopefully be in 2 weeks, if my overtime goes through!

Now there are some pictures at the end of this post that shows the state of the car at the moment.

I'll probably update this again when the manifold arrives or when my 'toy' arrives and I'll update on fitting and results :)

Comments greatly appreciated, hears for quick Micra's!

Attachments

• DSC00090.JPG
    DSC00090.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 485
  • DSC00092.JPG
    DSC00092.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC00141.JPG
    DSC00141.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 561
  • DSC00142.JPG
    DSC00142.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC00145.JPG
    DSC00145.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 472
  • DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC00098.JPG
    DSC00098.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 485
  • DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 475

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
loose the bump strips they weigh a tonne. Your going to need to loose all the wieght you can i suppose so stripping her down would be a good start...

i like what you did in the back with the black carpet i wn2 do that as well!

where did you get the black carpet was it cheap?

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Type-R said:
loose the bump strips they weigh a tonne. Your going to need to loose all the wieght you can i suppose so stripping her down would be a good start...

Ideally I'd like to keep the car outside as standard as possible, and I'd like to keep the interior trimmed to an extent, my last car was stripped to the metal, and to be honest, it looked pretty bad. If I'm 0.100 out, then I'll empty it :p

Type-R said:
where did you get the black carpet was it cheap?

Ah ha, missed this edit, the carpet was from a Kit Car show I was at, originally picked it up for £15 for a roll, that was just enough to trim it out.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Alienfish360 said:
Magnecor KV85 Competition, to be honest, not worth the cost.

oh right, fair enough,

i like them cos there red :D

anything wrong with them or are they just over priced ?

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
not much gain really, Though should help with the ignition system when I get around to sorting the rest of it out lol. But, that's only when I start upping the nitrous, so they was a kind of impulse buy lol

NeX

Club Member
Alienfish360 said:
not much gain really, Though should help with the ignition system when I get around to sorting the rest of it out lol. But, that's only when I start upping the nitrous, so they was a kind of impulse buy lol

don't tell me about impulse buying mate, i have sooo much crap from events where i have just wasted my money lol,

are you changing anything in the ignition system? apart from leads and plugs obviously?

Antony

Ex. Club Member
im guessing those wheels are from rochford tyres...and cost £250??

i got the same ones...only mine were a step down in width as i had 185 60 13's and went to a 165 60 14

gits sent me the wrong tyres...lol

anyway, looking good.,

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Ok, so my Blazt cable and software came this morning.

RS232 cable
Datascan and
Datalog Viewer for £70

and quick delivery.

Just installing the datalog viewer on my laptop then I'm off out to play with it, but If anybodies thinking of getting this, I really do like the blazt cable in comparison to the images I've seen of PLMS :)

Will update with screenshots soon!

R

runaway-robot

hope u can do it :)

just looking at ur pics, u will need a better cold air supply to your air box.. at the moment its just pulling in hot air from the engine :)

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
You CANNOT adjust the ECU with the software or cable, only see what it is seeing, useful for diagnostics and seeing what is actually going on, oh and getting timed runs ;)

NeX

Club Member
that program looks great,

do you have any links for the cable? i think i'll have to get one ;)

so does the software come with any sorce code? do you know anything about the protocal thats used to communicate with the ECU?

i wanna add the ECU data to my carputer program ;)

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
The cable is from Blazt if you goto distributers and UK there's a number to text to, for advice, orders and queries, sound guy and great service.

I know nothing about the protocol or how it works to be honest, You're best PM'ing Micra_Pete with regards to that.

James, I goto most Kit Car shows to pick up bits, however the carpet was from the last one held at Donnington.

Hopefully the data scan and data log viewer should allow me to compare graphs and time figures after doing modifications, and see what changes, and how it changes, So I should be able to see if it's actually working!

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Why was a K10 on a stand inside a Kit Car show if you don't mind me asking?

I'd probably ask the same thing if I seen it, so I assume I've never seen it.

NeX

Club Member
Alienfish360 said:
The cable is from Blazt if you goto distributers and UK there's a number to text to, for advice, orders and queries, sound guy and great service.

I know nothing about the protocol or how it works to be honest, You're best PM'ing Micra_Pete with regards to that.

James, I goto most Kit Car shows to pick up bits, however the carpet was from the last one held at Donnington.

Hopefully the data scan and data log viewer should allow me to compare graphs and time figures after doing modifications, and see what changes, and how it changes, So I should be able to see if it's actually working!

nice one mate, thanks for that :D

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
The Janspeed Manifold arrived today, so I'm going to be soaking all bolts in WD40 everyday from now till Saturday when it will be fitted, will get pictures when it's light :D

I'll also get some graphs up from datascan tomorrow

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
The manifold is fitted, and I've done a 60 run, in the rain it did 16.38 seconds with bad wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear. I reckon it will do 14 to 60 in the dry.

Will try again when it's dry, however, trying to get network sorted on my laptop so I can upload some graphs :)

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
just to add about the consult stuff, if anyone needs any advice about it let me know. or do a search, i posted some info, or make a new thread.

its a shame people dont use the search on here, i posted a load of tech info a while ago

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
we tried it in my car 0-60 was abismal 10secs!! with wheelspin in 1st a short shift into 2nd and 3rd.. we also got some data for max speed in each gear hitting the limiter.. but phill didnt log it!!

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
first cat is removed due to the manifold and it has an ashley backbox, I'm taking it to a local exhaust manufacturer to get the rest made up, as I refuse to be ripped off by what Janspeed charge on cat backs.

It's dry out, so I'm going to go out later and get a dry 0-60 run again.

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Alienfish360 said:
Yes it does!!! big time!

Cool, just wondering as there is lots of posts up saying that you should be near a 1.3 BHP with the exhaust but I've not seen anyone have a Janspeed on a 1L yet.

As for a Catback system, Janspeed is about £200. The local places to me, which include Powerflow all charge around £300+ for a catback system.

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I've got a backbox though, dude, so I only need manifold to the backbox, and my local tubular metal manipulation place say they can do a stainless one with the flanges for £130.

now I said before that I got a 16, was out in the dry today, and it managed 14.11 seconds to 60mph.

I'm thinking though that I can get a high 13 to 60 as I launched at 3k not 4k and with wheels turned as it was at a junction I launched from.

But it can definately do a 14 second to 60mph with a janspeed manifold.

Going to get my CG13 cams in over the course of next week and do it again, though they'll only be in whilst the CG10 are ground to fast road via Ed :p

Attachments

• DSC00243.JPG
    DSC00243.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC00244.JPG
    DSC00244.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC00245.JPG
    DSC00245.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
What was that with?

I managed to get around that with a stock stripped CG10 on my old K11 with G-Tech, after seeing times with Datscan compared to G-Tech, it's put them into perspective lol. Though I think Raceworx could have done quicker than 10.98 as he had a really bad launch and short shifter a gear.

12 seconds is almost standard CG13 times, and book speed of a CG10 is 16ish so 4 seconds off with an induction kit is a little eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
£130 for a stainless section from the downpipe to the backbox is very good then. Are you totally removing the lower cat then and having it straight through?

Over 14 seconds to get from 0 to 60mph... God damn. Phil I can see why you're trying to make it quicker.

lol I'd go NUTS if my car was THAT slow!!!!

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
scottish-sr said:
£130 for a stainless centre section is pretty good then.

Whats the reason for keeping the cat and not de-catting?

I honestly don't think it's going to make a noticeable difference in performance and I'd like to keep the car road legal at all times, I do however plan on looking into a high flowing cat, but I think the costs are higher than prospective gains.

However, I have just ordered Piper Fast Road cams via Ed (Fusion Motorsport) :)

So, will update again when they arrive in approx 2 to 3 weeks and when they're fitted.

Keep the car road legal at all times? Well youi might as well declare all your mods to the insurance then! Police cant check emissions on the roadside yet! or can they?