cg10 idle

hello.
This is my 3rd k11 2nd blue celebration model but the first with problems with idle
my cg10 has had idle problems for a while now. hunting anywhere between cutting out and 1.5k
it run fine when driving as far as I can tell.

I have tried 4 different throttle body's. some improved the idol but wouldn't rev past 2.5k when driving. some made idle worse.

all vacuum lines have been changed for new and new gasket fitted.

so any advice what else to check?
IMG_0375.JPG

hello.
This is my 3rd k11 2nd blue celebration model but the first with problems with idle
my cg10 has had idle problems for a while now. hunting anywhere between cutting out and 1.5k
it run fine when driving as far as I can tell.

I have tried 4 different throttle body's. some improved the idol but wouldn't rev past 2.5k when driving. some made idle worse.

all vacuum lines have been changed for new and new gasket fitted.

so any advice what else to check?
View attachment 56776

Pretty in pink idle control valve downed tools & tickled pink protesting. How tickled pink I am? :eek:

Pink is best color out there. Gonna have another scrat around on the engine bay tonight and see if there's anything else I can find

Quote; “all vacuum lines have been changed for new and new gasket fitted”
What gasket was changed?

What was changed or done to the vehicle just before the idle issue developed?

Does the same idle issue exist @ both cold & hot idling?

Suspect ECU wiring/plug top to IAC valve on Tb, idle air leaks, sump breather filter blocked, valve stuck open/shut, to name just a few easy items to check & verify ok to start with.

Good will hunting :p

Quote; “all vacuum lines have been changed for new and new gasket fitted”
What gasket was changed?

What was changed or done to the vehicle just before the idle issue developed?

Does the same idle issue exist @ both cold & hot idling?

Suspect ECU wiring/plug top to IAC valve on Tb, idle air leaks, sump breather filter blocked, valve stuck open/shut, to name just a few easy items to check & verify ok to start with.

Good will hunting :p
It had it when I bought it . Just couldn't tell because it was standard only realised when I put my straight pipe on that I've run on all my micra it is both when walm and cold.

I will check tonight that list and see if I get anywhere.

Thanks for your reply

What do fuel trims say on open and closed loop?
how would I check that :) I will check that next ive got abit further into my problem. it now idols but it sort of stutters when driving. every now and again.

on idol it idols fine now just once every now and again it will drop revs right down to almost stalling then comes back up to idol normally

Firstly you would need an OBD scanner tool that could read live data on a k11, perhaps borrow from a friend. Then you need to check what the car is doing in open loop which you need to do on a stone cold engine... It will tell you what the engine is compensating for, for example, if it's sucking in too much air after the MAF it will dump in more fuel to compensate for the extra air... The more fuel you burn the faster tthe engine idle becomes.

A number of things can affect idle...
- 02 sensor readings
- Vacuum leaks (vacuum lines, injector seals etc)
- Faulty MAF

The list goes on but these are the usual suspects assuming the car is properly serviceable.

Had a similar problem on my impreza and it turned out to be a cracked air box after the MAF, it ran fine when it was warm (closed loop) but ran like poo and would allmost drop out on me when cold (open loop).

Firstly you would need an OBD scanner tool that could read live data on a k11, perhaps borrow from a friend. Then you need to check what the car is doing in open loop which you need to do on a stone cold engine... It will tell you what the engine is compensating for, for example, if it's sucking in too much air after the MAF it will dump in more fuel to compensate for the extra air... The more fuel you burn the faster tthe engine idle becomes.

A number of things can affect idle...
- 02 sensor readings
- Vacuum leaks (vacuum lines, injector seals etc)
- Faulty MAF

The list goes on but these are the usual suspects assuming the car is properly serviceable.

Had a similar problem on my impreza and it turned out to be a cracked air box after the MAF, it ran fine when it was warm (closed loop) but ran like poo and would allmost drop out on me when cold (open loop).

I see I see I will have a chat with my ate and get him to plug it in.

ive changed 02 already.
redone my vacuum lines and gaskets. I am goanna take rail of tonight and see what's going on there. I have a few spare that ive taken of my previous micras when stripping them so ill give one of them a try.

and it could be maf but iv tried 5 different throttle bodies on it and all are doing the same. if not worse .

but I will defo look into the fuel loop tho :)