Centre console speakers

L

lewis

I could have posted this in the general ICE forum but it's specific to K11's.

Anyway, has anybody tried to fibreglass some speakers into the centre console?

Something like this:

9-driver.jpg

Uploaded to ModdedMicras by James.

I'm going to try this myself, just wondered if anybody had tried it on a k11 and if they had any problems/tips to share. Pics would be nice too.....

Apart from anything else I think it'll look amazing if done properly (which I intend on doing).

I'd probably just wind up putting my foot through tbh; I actually use the footrest quite a lot to corner without swinging off the steering wheel (stock suspension:upside: )

It would be pretty hard as there is alot of wiring in that panel, and the ecu is in there to, so i wouldn't recommend

Possible I guess although not sure there would be enough room for a large speaker there, don't think I'd have anough room anyways. Could work though, and wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to wire in really. Kick panels on the other side may be better though. :)

I've seen some other cars with them any they look veeeery tasty.

When I have the sound pumping its much more louder in your right ear (because you're closer to that speaker).

If you had speakers in the middle this would solve the problem.

I thought somebody would of already tried it :p

Wouldn't sound poo, that position is one of the best for SQ when it is facing you, just may be alot of trouble to shape it to suit shape of where your feet would go etc.

if youre gonna go to the trouble of fibreglassing a pod in the footwell i would definately reccomend u do it on the other side....

they are called kick builds and are the best position for speakers in the car...

use either a 5.25" or 6.5" set of components depending on space, definately amp them aswell mate...

I'm going to try it, will probably wait till the warmer weather comes in.....

thanks for the pointers ;)

Back