Centre Console Photos

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Does anyone have any photos of the Space under the front centre console when removed. (it's the one with the 5 tier Gaiter) I'd like to know what to expect when cutting the carpet and when fitting. Haynes does show the centre console but it's the small one and not the long one although they do explain how to remove and replace the long one but without pics when you need it the most.

hope you can help :)

TIA :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
My car didn't have the gearstick plastic or rubber bit, i just put one on top of the carpet and screwed it in (the holes are pre drilled into the car). You shouldn't need to cut the carpet :)

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
ah, i see now, thanks arnold :) Glad i dont have to cut the carpet..phew! and i've still got those little fat screws...yay! :laugh:

I've also got to get some power to the Clock as well, do you think i might be able to do a spur with inline fuse from the Handbrake Switch wiring or would it be easier from the Ciggy Lighter?

just do it off the ciggy lighter, shouldn't need a fuse as the source is fused anyway.

Is their a bit of extra centre consolemine does have or something? mine has a big gap between the gear stick and the bottom of the centre dash? Am i missing anything interesting?

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
If you havent got a digital clock mounted to the end of the gear stick bit slyboogie, then yes you are missing something. But it werent fitted to many i dont think! Possibly just the super s?!

Micra 110 - Could you let me know how this goes (the wiring part) as ive go a digi clock to fit to my k10 and unsure on where to wire it in!

Cheers,
Sam.

p.s. i have sent off the 5-tier gaitor (if i havent told you already!)

robbluek10

Ex. Club Member
hi sorry to say this but if the clock u r talking about is a clock that shows the time then u dont want to put it on the wires for the ciggy lighter or hand brake light as when the ignition key in the fully off position or removed there is no power there and u will then not have a good clock as will always be out u need to find a wire which is always live when the key is out i only found this out as i wired my rev counter to the ciggy lighter as it will turn it off for me and i did not have to add a switch i am lazy lol

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
nicely pointed out Rob :)
we'll find some power from somewhere tho' :)

*off-topic*
Rob, could you give me the part numbers off the Plastic Arches please? cheers :)

richj

Deactivated Account
The haynes manual shows two of the fuses have a permanent live, both 15 amps. The clock circuit is shown running from the 4th from the left.

The hazzard switch might be a good place to pick up a feed. There is a permanent live, G/OR.

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
The haynes manual shows two of the fuses have a permanent live, both 15 amps. The clock circuit is shown running from the 4th from the left.

The hazzard switch might be a good place to pick up a feed. There is a permanent live, G/OR.

Good call rich (Y) i'll check that out.

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
why not just tap into the constant from your stereo?
thats what i did with my tacho, and im pretty sure its fused too so if it blows your safe.
you can also ground it there too

robbluek10

Ex. Club Member
hi micra 110 i will have a look tonight for u and post them up tomorrow i only got the back arches so will need to find someone else to get the front ones fella

curtis

Ex. Club Member
i would feed a wire from the battery through the gromit that is already there. tapping into the stero wires etc can cause faults etc.

Crimp a rounded crimp onto the wire a connect to the + battery.

Run the remote wire from the clock to the cig lighter.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The original wiring for the clock is under the drivers seat (under the carpet). You need to take the seat and carpet out to access. The digi clock has 4 wires going to it.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah only takes half hour. You only have to remove the seat/plastics and then pull up the carpet to get it. The cable will be tied to the metal work and have to be pulled through the gearstick bit. Has the plug on the end & everything :)

curtis

Ex. Club Member
as you do not have the original terminal on the clock connections i would cut off the connector block on the loom and inline or bullit crimp the wires together. unless you have other means?

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
as you do not have the original terminal on the clock connections i would cut off the connector block on the loom and inline or bullit crimp the wires together. unless you have other means?

That'll have to be the way to do it Curtis but that's not a problem...until there's a problem...lol!

richj

Deactivated Account
the hazard is the on the same live as the original clock. Running a wire from under the seat is crazy.

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
richj - think you misunderstood arnold!? there is already a wire under the drivers seat connected to the wireing loom, with the plug on already!

Fitted mine to the super today! Looks good :grinning:

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
richj - think you misunderstood arnold!? there is already a wire under the drivers seat connected to the wireing loom, with the plug on already!

Fitted mine to the super today! Looks good :grinning:

PICS! :grinning:

Actually, i need to take a few pics of what i've been up to..... :suspect:

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Ok, so i took out the Drivers seat, pulled up the Carpet and guess what? No Wires for the Clock :doh:

This is the only wire that's in attendance, this wire is for the Handbrake Switch. There are no other wires along that particular Wiring loom.

P1010078.jpg

As for the fitting of the console, 2 Screws go in the 2 front Holes as in the pic below.

P1010080.jpg

Console is now in place....the Clock will have to wait a little longer.

P1010081.jpg

......and so there you have it..... :)

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
what? it werent there? mine was taped up to the bunch of cables wrapped in black (in first photo). Just down abit from where you photographed! On the floor of the car!

will take a pic of the clock in, when i get chance!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ive got a photo somewhere of when i pulled my car to pieces. it's definitly there!

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Old school....Looks good! (Y)

I'm still a bit miffed that i couldn't get mine working.......then again i'm not surprised it's not there as i have the LS version....

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Is yours a pre or post facelift? They've had digi clocks in them since the Datsun age, and my car's the lowest spec (L) model you could get. Strange.

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Is yours a pre or post facelift? They've had digi clocks in them since the Datsun age, and my car's the lowest spec (L) model you could get. Strange.

Date of registration is 01/08/1991. the stated model is LS.

In the Haynes manual, Electrical section (14.26), it states that the clock wiring only goes up to 1990, perhaps that is the reason why the Clock loom isn't there.

I still can't believe this is real......:(

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
They must've put the wrong loom in mine then...i so do fancy giving a Chinese burn to whoever it was who forgot to put it in! Gaaah!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I think some of those wires go across to the passenger side and power the electrical box under the passenger seat? Maybe they tied it there? although i can't imagine they would have done.

OP
OP
Micra 110

Micra 110

Site Supporter
I do have that Electrical box under the seat, i shall have a 'feel' first before pulling up the Carpet again....missus has got the Car at the moment so i can't have a look...

i wouldn't touch the radio wires, mine all burnt out not so long ago (luckily i had the car otuside my house anyway) and coudl've burnt my car out. I now have my own 12 gauge power feeds, one from the fuse to my amp and the earth bolts to the chassis.