Centre Bore 1mm too small?!

My 160SR wheels are going to be going for repair, So for spare rims I was going to use Almera GTI rims... then re-use them for my K11...

Problem is the center bore of the K12 is 60.1mm where the Almera/Micra is 59.1mm so will they fit "ok" over the 60.1mm without damage?

Pepper

No, if they don't fit snuggly over the centre bores, they'll be unbalanced - even if the wheel nuts are done up tight ad evenly. It will feel like pig to drive, and I think I might be right in saying that it's also potentially dangerous

hub caps off (unless you space em out a few millimetres) and no probs apart from rubbing slightly
these 16" rims yeh ?

DSC00499.jpg

yeh, you might be able to force them on, but they would be like the old ford rostyle steels that you had to sledgehammer off :eek:

I should have said, if they don't go on easily don't force them on, I guess expansion of the front hubs due to brake soak could possibly crack a wheel that was a very tight fit.

I wont be driving on the Almera wheels fitted to my K12, it's only to hold the car up while the damaged alloys go off to be fixed and powder coated.

Once there done i will refurb the almera wheels and fit them on my K11 when i get it fixed up... so i guess there a go! :)

Just need to get a hold of a set now lol

Pepper

Oh and thanks alot for the quick replies really appreciate it :)

Back