Central locking problems on the K12

T

twisterboy

Yet again my my K12 has fallen under the course of K12 Micra!!!

I am having problems with the Central Locking on my door on Hijack mode the drivers door will not open but when I take it off Hijack mode it seems to work and opens the door. I really want it on Hijack mode in case my girlfriend gets jumped by someone.

The car goes back to the garage for the 7th time tomorrow.

Just wondering if you guys know anything in regards to what this could be.

Cheers

Davy :alien::alien:

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
becareful when disconnecting your battery as you can spike the ecu when you reconnect it,remove the interior light fuse before reconnecting the battery, also deffienatly get it to a dealer as it sounds as if a part called the bcm could be faulty but let the dealer do there own tests to fix it, 7th time! what is the garages name your taking it to out of interest

OP
OP
T

twisterboy

Thanks Guys I took it down to the garage Arnold Clark Nissan and you were right this bcm chip will will have to be replaced for the third time since I got the car back in August.

I am now waiting on a date to get the car sorted but I give the car six months and it will pack up again. Thank Goodness for a warrenty but after March 06 I think I will be looking at another Micra from another dealer even if it means a 25 mile hike to get one as that is the next nearest.

Hopefully be able to get a good deal on the new sr160. I will keep you posted on any further updated.

Cheers

Davy

OP
OP
T

twisterboy

Still waiting on the garage to contact me to bring the car in, hopefully sometime this week or otherwise will have to lay down some of my authority to get this sorted.

I give the car six months with a new bcm and then it will fail again!

B

Bling micra

I own a 2003 micra sx and am having similar problems. I think mine has had 3 bcu/bcm. Its found in the ecu apparantly and controls the majority of sensors in the car. For the past few months my drivers lock has been slipping and not opening. It takes 5-6 attempts to get in. One push for my door then its 2 for passenger side. It went back to dixon nissan at sheffield over a week ago for new window regulators (to be ordered!) and they told me they would look at the lock today. They have done but again i need to go back to the dealer to have a new actuator fitted, once theyve ordered that whenever that may be. Im giving mine back to finance company asap as i have paid half the amount. I was going to part exchange it but would get a measly £4200 towards a 160sr and have to pay a £1500 to pay the negative equity, therefore Im buying a different car.