central locking problem

D

dmallagh

If I unlock my 1.0GX 5 door with the remote it immediately locks again. The only way I can get in is by quickly opening the door before it locks again.
I thought the problem was the central locking unit in the drivers door. I can't unlock the drivers door from the inside using the door handle lock. I removed the door panel and the central locking unit to have a look - it seems to have two levers that are geared together and they don't seem to be working properly. When you try to move the lever which is connected to the inside door lock it is very stiff. The passenger door inside lock works fine. However disconnecting the plug from drivers door unit doesn't make any difference. If I unlock the car and it locks again and I unlock it two more times it seems to sometimes stay open but will sometimes relock itself maybe five minutes later.
It is rather confusing - could it maybe be something wrong with a control unit somewhere? When I press the unlock button on the blip key what happens?
Does the ECU feed a signal to a control unit somewhere or is a signal fed directly to the unit in the door? I have a haynes manual for up to 1996 so it doesn't cover my model and the circuit diagrams don't show any connection to a control unit. What other components could be faulty?
Anyone know where the control unit is?

Ian

Ex. Club Member
has it alyway done this? Or just recently? my central locking was playing up once, turned out it was the car battery.

W

witty05

ive had this problem i can almost guarantee that its the passenger side front door actuator in the door as water gets in there dont know how but if u change that actuator i bet it fixes it had this problem several times at work took me 3 hours to sort the first one out

OP
OP
D

dmallagh

Since the lever in the drivers door actuator is not working properly I have ordered a replacement from a breakers yard, but logic would say that the passenger side has the faulty one - I may have to replace it as well.
DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CIRCUIT DIAGRAM THEY COULD EMAIL ME WHICH SHOwS THE CONNECTIONS TO THE CENTRAL LOCKING FOR A 2000 5dr GX model?

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
Here's the central locking diagram from my Haynes manual (it's for micra K to T reg)

the one on the right is the key to the symbols on the diagram.

Attachments

• fe20_001.jpg
    fe20_001.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 2,791
  • fe20_002.jpg
    fe20_002.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 776
OP
OP
D

dmallagh

newer circuit diagram needed

Haylz Thanks for the circuit, however this is what is in my old book and suggests that the actuators have 4 connections - mine is a 2000 model and has a 6 pin connector and has remote central locking with deadlocking.
The older circuit must have been door lock operated only and the circuit doesn't show any link to the remote on the key.
Does anyone have a newer circuit diagram which shows the remote central locking circuitry?

OP
OP
D

dmallagh

central locking fixed - hurrah!

I ordered an actuator from a breakers - only to find when it came that it was different. So I bit the bullet and took my actuator apart. It was damp and corroded inside. I dried it out and scrapped off the corrosion and used vasaline to coat the contacts and oil the gears. And hey presto it now works