central locking keeps locking the door

Hi All,
My Nissna micra K11 Year 2000 1.3 Celebration, which has a Immobiliser and my key has fob and you lock and unlocked with the fob. however these past few days i hvae noticed the all the door lock itself instanlty, if the door is open i think it does not happned,

when the car is running or stationery the central locking activates and locks all doors.

what could it be, is it the key, Immboliser, key fob, lock mechanism.

I appreciate your replies.

Siraz.

camoxodka

car half done :)
well i am don't now much about the central locking side of micra, but i know that the key that you unlock and lock the car isnt doing this problems.

i hope this helps in any way.

camo

I had a similar problem on my old K11. It turned out to be a faulty door actuator (the grey box attached to the door mechanism). It would lock using the fob so I didn't think it was that until it started acting up. Maybe one of the central locking actuators are on their way out. Find out which one is the faulty one (or get a grease monkey to check it for you) then go on the hunt for that particular door's actuator. If you can't find it at a scrappy then google scrap yards and a few fairly large yards will pop up; they almost always have these parts. Can't remember exactly but I think the one I found the most useful was one based in doncaster. Can't for the life of me recall what it was called, sorry.

Hope that helps :)

OP
OP
S
Hi All,
Thank you all for your replies.

Where would i find the control box and the actuator will be behind the door panel i guess.

Who is Grease monkey ?

I will ring around and are all four door actuator the same or how do i know which one faulty.

How do i check the Actuator ?

Hi All,
Thank you all for your replies.

Where would i find the control box and the actuator will be behind the door panel i guess.

Who is Grease monkey ?

I will ring around and are all four door actuator the same or how do i know which one faulty.

How do i check the Actuator ?

A grease monkey is slang for mechanic :D

You would need to determine which door's actuator is at fault (a mechanic can help you here if you don't know much about cars or don't want to go pulling door cards off), then go looking for that particular door's actuator at a scrapyard. You will need to look for the right model part as the year of your car, and if it is for a three door or four door. You won't be able to use an actuator from a three door to fit in a four door model. Well, in my experience at least, that was the case. As for finding out which actuator is causing the problem a mechanic should be able to tell you once they have the door cards off and lock/unlock the doors repeatedly. In my case the faulty door actuator had completely stopped working so it wasn't difficult figuring out which one was faulty!

Hope that helps :)

OP
OP
S
Thank you for your reply.

Yesterday I left my car keys inside the car and the car was running and the car locked itself , as I just nipped out for few seconds. However I had to ring my wife and asked her to bring the spare key, as it was only 10 min walk. I spoke to auto electrical today and he said your motor is goJne and it is most probably the driverside. Mine is 4 door year 2000 and I went to a local scrapyard and they did not have micra, so I will have to look at eBay or other scrapyard in Lancashire.

I can take the door trim off,as last time my windows played on me all 4 windows would not wind up, as the glue or adhesive dried up. So I applied silicon to grip the window.

However the mechanic told me take the door trim off on the driver side and then disconnect the 2 wires from the actuator and see how it goes and if it does not lock itself then you it is the driver side which is faulty.

Can you not check the actuator by multimeter to see if it faulty to check there is continuity or not .

Stani1029

Club Member
Hi siraz for a faulty door actuator i was able to tell from sitting inside the car and slamming the door. Would think it would be the drivers to be honest. Also if your not sure what your looking for its a little switch connected to the locking cylinder (simple to remove/replace)