Central locking gremlins & sigma alarm

Hi guys - have done a search for this, and come up with some useful info - but nothing that specifically answers my question.

I have a 1994 Super S, and the central locking seems to have a mind of its own.

When I lock the driver's door it will usually lock the passenger door too - but sometimes decides not to play ball - the same is true if I use the interior switch thing to lock the passenger door.
The passenger door lock does not lock the drivers side remotely - but afaik never has (don't know if it's supposed to).

I'm suspecting a dicky connection somewhere - but I don't even know where to start looking - and helpfully the Haynes manual doesn't mention central locking at all....

Secondly, My car has a nissan fitted sigma alarm - but the car was supplied without keyfobs.
The previous owner couldn't be bothered to get it sorted as the car was parked in a garage most of the time - but mine lives on a public car park at work during the day, and I'm keen to sort some security out - any thoughts?

Not sure about your problem but the drivers door doesn't ahve a motor it is just a switch that is why the passenger side doesn't operate it.

have discovered over the last few days that if i lock the door slightly slower, the passenger one usually locks (as a rule)...

...still no closer to finding someone to repair my alarm system though...

try giving nissan a call, they may have records for each car??

or possible on the alarm main unit there will be a reference/key code of some sort??

i remember years ago my dad lost his company cars key, it was a merc, a simply call to mercedes and it was ordered, the frequency i think is recorded against vin plate etc, dont know how much it would cost though? hope this helps :)

other than that,just get a cheaper end clifford one etc?

yeah I thought about that but at £70 a pop for reprogrammed fobs, I thought better of it.
Was hoping to take it to someone other than nissan - but like you say, it may pay to just rip out the old system and whack a new one in.

I'm quite capable of installing one myself - so will probably order one from rightclick, as they're pretty cheap and seem to get good reviews (Y)

true and theres also no guarantee the old unit will function properly!!

was thinking about that r click,but its more money on the car etc, can you buy a used fob and re programme it?

Back