Central locking gone nuts.

Hi all

Gonna use you guys as a resource again, in the absence of a workshop manual!

The central locking on my March 1.3 is going nuts, it locks and unlocks at random while I'm driving and when I shut the drivers door. If I park and lock it, it stays locked (luckily).

Can anyone tell me where the controller is, and if they are prone to this? Is it just getting wet? Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

sounds like maybe a loose wire or connector in the triggering circuitry (think it was yellow wire with red dots goin to the central lock module under steering column). if the central lock wiring hasn't been tampered with before, maybe the door lock/central lock mechanism is faultering

my one by the right foot they is wires slightly hanging down every now n then my foot touching the wires causes the int light and central locker operation

sounds like maybe a loose wire or connector in the triggering circuitry (think it was yellow wire with red dots goin to the central lock module under steering column). if the central lock wiring hasn't been tampered with before, maybe the door lock/central lock mechanism is faultering

pollyp id it moped man

I've had this trouble for a long while and have posted on here before. I traced it to the central locking actuautor in the drivers door. If you waggle the connector it works again for a few days then goes again. Also i found that if you put pressure on the internal drivers door lock it stops it from happening. This helps to prove the actautor as the rods internal rods connect the two together. These parts are hard to get hold of, i eventually managed to get one of eBay. Havent managed to get it changed yet, its broken fully now!

Back