Central Locking Fault - looking for cheap solution

Hi I'm after some advice after googling and getting some help.

The central locking keeps locking the doors as soon as you turn the key and locks randomly.

I've disabled the central locking by pulling the connector out of the block but now can't open the back doors.

I was thinking of a low cost option to switch the central locking back on but disable the drivers door and just use a key for that.

I don't mind using a key for the drivers door as there is no risk of being locked out with the keys in the ignition.

Does anyone know how I disable the central locking just for the drivers door , presumably just need to disconnect the solenoid? Can't seem to find the right wiring diagram.

cheers

Paul

Hello beeble. I think fellow member Andy 5077 did a bit on this sort of problem.
It was a bit of corrosion in the main unit, go on the search function and see if you can find it buddy.
And welcome to the forum.:)

Hi and welcome to the MSC forum.

As davyboy said I had loads of problems with my remote central locking system, the problem was with the drivers door lock which had a mind of it's own and used to lock me out when I shut the door! :confused:

After stripping out the drivers door and locking mechanism many times I eventual found a very small spring had broke and jammed the mechanism I removed this (never found out what it did) and the problem has not reoccurred since. I also suspected the remote central locking switch on my key so removed the battery and just unlock manually at the moment.

The central locking system is controlled through the drivers door lock mechanism so isolating this will affect all doors especially the rear doors! You will need to disconnect the electrical connector plugs in the rear doors and maybe even the electrical servo connecting rods (that connects the servo to the locking mechanical mechanism in the doors) resulting in you having to manually locking and unlocking the rear doors from the inside?

Here is a link to another thread that might help you: https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/central-locking-remote-control.66205/
If you need any more info please feel free to ask!

Cheers
Andy :D

Here's the inside of the drivers central locking unit and how it gets rusty. Just needed a clean up to get it all functional again. This was causing the same fault as yours.
Rusty inside

All cleaned up.

Back together and all working.

They're easy to remove from the doors. I ended up cleaning the passenger one also, just in case.

Back