Central locking and Cabin Light

My central locking has suddenly stopped working and I now have to use the key. The indicators still flash but the locks do nothing. Also my cabin light no longer turns on when the doors are opened, but still works when it’s turned on.

These?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
I too have just suffered this issue oddly enough, though my car doesn't have a fob, just central locking.

It suddenly stopped working, the interior dome light wont go off (unless set to off) and the beeper for the headlights being on with a door open no longer works.

Been reading the Haynes and found that all of these things go to a box under the drivers dash, right in the middle pretty high up. You can see it from the footwell if you get in there and have a look up there. It has two plugs going into it, one bigger than the other. Have a look at that and see if it is all plugged in.

Before jumping to all this though get a screw driver and remove those door switches, see if they are corroded. They earth to the chassis with one wire, so if the car doesn't see an earth it thinks the door is open, and as such will not remotely lock.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is wrong as it happened ages ago and the brain aint so good these days....but If you look at a wiring diagram they are all linked through one fuse.....every time I replaced it, it would just blow again...Stangely, mine was due to a short caused by a shorting rear brake/tail light.....Sounds absolutely silly, but for the sake of 2 minutes work, just check all your lights are working.. if this works- let us know, you'll probablyh need some micro fuses too....Cheap from in Screwfix direct if you need asap

I fixed my issue!

It was a fuse in the engine bay, by the battery marked "Power Windows" on the lid. It was in perfect condition because my windows still worked, however I took it out and gave it a blow and put it back in and now it is all working again! Perhaps this will work for you too!

Very strange that this fixed it, because as I said the windows worked fine, I think that the control box for the central locking might have reset itself without having power to it for a while? I'd say try taking this fuse out for a few minutes and try again.

Thanks, just checked mine and the power window fuse is blown, even though I don’t have power windows. Tried a different one and it now it’s working. Thank you

Back