Center bore sizes!

*EDIT* I know I've been spamming this forum lately with questions but I need to learn somehow :p

My question is; Would it be possible to fit wheels with a 54.1mm center bore on to the Micra and if so how
?

I am unsure, anyone help?! haha

It's daihatsu steels that have been banded I'm looking at if that helps! haha :p

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Those steels up there were originally made for a very cool Daihatsu Mira. You could space them out past the spigot but I suspect you would need to get some arches!

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
I have some 7x15" polo steels going on mine.

They are 57.1mm, im going to dremel the centers out :)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
markbognor said:
Those steels up there were originally made for a very cool Daihatsu Mira. You could space them out past the spigot but I suspect you would need to get some arches!

Should be able to roll and flare standard arches. They'll dent quite a bit though.

Chunky tyres though, I'd swap all for 165/55.

Over arches would be best but you should weigh up the cost of buying, fitting and painting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

They are the very banded steels I'm talking to the guy about on Retro Rides! haha

So spacers would make them fit alright? I asked the guy yesterday about getting the centers dremelled and he doesnt think there is much steel left around the center to make it larger :p

So is there any chance someone could send me a link to the kind of spacers I would need??
Really hope I can get these to fit! haha

pollyp

Club Member
wouldn't recommend spacing a wheel excessively with those non-hubcentric spacers.
1- wheel won't be perfectly centred so may vibrate at high speed and thats alot of sheering stress across the wheel studs as well as trying to hold the wheel to the hub and could eventually lead to a bad failure.
2- unless u fit longer studs, thicker spacer will reduce the number of threads on the stock studs holding the wheel to the hub = higher risk of stripping the threads under load = wheel falls off

and those normal hubcentric spacers with the same female/male bores may not work cos ur trying to reduce from 58.8 to 54.1mm bore

imo I suggest either:
1- find or custom make a hubcentric spacer thats 58.8mm bore on the female side and 54.1mm bore on the male side and thick enough to space the wheel bore awayfrom the k11 hub centre. fit longer studs to safely hold the wheel on. may need to mod/widen the arch to fit

2- measure precisely then find or custom make some non-hubcentric flat spacers that will space the wheels out till the bore JUST rests on the edge of the k11 hub centre to keep it hubcentric. may need to mod/widen the arch to fit

3- look elsewhere for another wheel of the correct bore, pcd, offset etc

imho option 1 is alot of money, time and effort just to fit the wrong wheels and really I would go for either option 2 which requires precision or option 3 cos there's loads more better easier fitting wheels out there

wouldn't recommend spacing a wheel excessively with those non-hubcentric spacers.
1- wheel won't be perfectly centred so may vibrate at high speed and thats alot of sheering stress across the wheel studs as well as trying to hold the wheel to the hub and could eventually lead to a bad failure.
2- unless u fit longer studs, thicker spacer will reduce the number of threads on the stock studs holding the wheel to the hub = higher risk of stripping the threads under load = wheel falls off

and those normal hubcentric spacers with the same female/male bores may not work cos ur trying to reduce from 58.8 to 54.1mm bore

imo I suggest either:
1- find or custom make a hubcentric spacer thats 58.8mm bore on the female side and 54.1mm bore on the male side and thick enough to space the wheel bore awayfrom the k11 hub centre. fit longer studs to safely hold the wheel on. may need to mod/widen the arch to fit

2- measure precisely then find or custom make some non-hubcentric flat spacers that will space the wheels out till the bore JUST rests on the edge of the k11 hub centre to keep it hubcentric. may need to mod/widen the arch to fit

3- look elsewhere for another wheel of the correct bore, pcd, offset etc

imho option 1 is alot of money, time and effort just to fit the wrong wheels and really I would go for either option 2 which requires precision or option 3 cos there's loads more better easier fitting wheels out there

Got some good points to be honest!
I don't really want any more hassle with another set of wheels , think youve pretty much just talked me out of going for them! haha

Another quick question because I had my eye on a set of ally cats but the center bore is bigger, it is 64mm but I've heard the Renault alloys fit micras and they're 60.1mm? so would buying spigot rings for 64 down to 60.1mm make them fit the Micra alright?
Cheers for the help!

pollyp

Club Member
the closer u get to 58.8mm the better.
my 15" rota grids came with spigots to fit 60.1mm but would originally cause slight highspeed vibrations so ended up applying few layers of tape on the hub centre to fill that tiny gap and is smooth now.

so, yea using spigot rings on alloys with bigger bores will work, preferably try to get one with a 58.8 bore. find out if you can get the suitable spigot rings first before getting the wheels

the closer u get to 58.8mm the better.
my 15" rota grids came with spigots to fit 60.1mm but would originally cause slight highspeed vibrations so ended up applying few layers of tape on the hub centre to fill that tiny gap and is smooth now.

so, yea using spigot rings on alloys with bigger bores will work, preferably try to get one with a 58.8 bore. find out if you can get the suitable spigot rings first before getting the wheels

I thought the Micra center bore was 59.1?
They spigot rings I can find the are close to 58.8 are
these..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIGOT-RI...heels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item1e6cc94e76

or these..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPIGOT-RI...heels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item1e718c8985

Im assuming the 60.1mm would be the best bet as its only 1mm of a difference?

pollyp

Club Member
58.8 is what my digital calipers measured

that 1mm difference maybe ok but I'd just lay some tape to give a snug fit so it's perfectly centred n won't vibrate

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
£25 for something that is right sounds a reasonable price to me.

You may as well not have anything if they are going to be a different size to the spigot.

All that spigot rings are for is to help centre the wheel while fitting. Which can be done by tightening the nuts in sequence, bit by bit anyway.

£25 for something that is right sounds a reasonable price to me.

You may as well not have anything if they are going to be a different size to the spigot.

All that spigot rings are for is to help centre the wheel while fitting. Which can be done by tightening the nuts in sequence, bit by bit anyway.

Yeah I guess so!
I'm stuck for choice at the moment for alloys anyway, the guy with the ally cats was interested in a swap so that's out the window! haha
Need to continue shopping!

Btw while I'm here , do you still do the cut springs sticker? going for the matiz set up soon and it would be a rather fitting sticker addition! haha

I had my steels put on the lathe and centre bores expanded from 57.1mm to 59.1mm. I've had no problems?

the steels were, 54.1mm and the guy selling them reckons there wouldnt be enough meat round the center bore to expand them to 59.1 :O
I'm desperate to get a set of banded steels man! haha

*EDIT* I know I've been spamming this forum lately with questions but I need to learn somehow :p

My question is; Would it be possible to fit wheels with a 54.1mm center bore on to the Micra and if so how
?

I am unsure, anyone help?! haha

It's daihatsu steels that have been banded I'm looking at if that helps! haha :p
You can put the wheel of nissan march k13 on the k11 the center is 60.1mm for the k13 and fitted well. I put 14inch nissan k13 steel wheels on my k11 with tyres of 185/70r14.