Celebrating 10 years of the MSC!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi everyone! (Y)

I thought I would post up that this year the MSC is 10 years old, from the early creation of Ed's website through to the Modded Micra Network with the old listbot e-mail service we are now in our tenth year.

The MSC is progressing well with a very efficient membership service and to celebrate our tenth year James will be creating a whole brand new MSC website.

I would like to offer my thanks to all those that have supported the club over the years and allowed the MSC grow into what it is today.

Also to celebrate this achievement I'm offering discounts on our full membership packages.

Offer 1:

Full Membership package for 2 years £30 total saving £10

Offer 2:

Full Membership package for 1 year £20 total saving £5

To take advantage of this offer, just send your payment through paypal with your full details including your forum name to [email protected] or a cheque to the club address.

thanks
Kev

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Congratulations MSC! Didnt know it had been going that long.

Any chance of some screen captures or examples of how it looked back then!?

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
It was hosted on a now totaly decommissioned system, (when telewest had their own user servers) there is stuff from around 1998/9, but not 1997.

Ill have a look.

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I think I may have some old dreamweaver files that Ed and I use to upload...

Kev

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Another thing that is scary, is that I've been doing this now for about 8 years, possibly a bit more :S

Kev

James

Chairman
Here's a few pictures i've been able to muster, in date order.

Attachments

• mmn-16-07-2001.png
    mmn-16-07-2001.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 362
  • msc-12-02-2002.png
    msc-12-02-2002.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 306
  • msc-19-04-2002.png
    msc-19-04-2002.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 342
  • msc-27-05-2002.png
    msc-27-05-2002.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 258
  • msc-13-6-2003.png
    msc-13-6-2003.png
    257 KB · Views: 327
  • msc-10-10-2003.png
    msc-10-10-2003.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 307

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i have seen the blue site before. just after o rolled my 309, i was looking arro9und at micras as my dad said "why not get a micra, theyre cheap and japanese"..lol

cant wait to see what a new site would look like, and also what sort of a competition there would be for the new logo....

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Wow

Friigin well commin up 8 years Ive been on here! The admin have done an excellent job to get the club to where it is now. Loads of effort gone into it, and I hope you guys are still enjoying it aswell!

And I still own a micra! Well, half, lol

James

Chairman
Well, although I only joined in April 2004, I've enjoyed every day i've spent on here, met a load of great friends, a few of which I see on a regular basis, and one I share a house with!!

We feel we've done our job well when people without Micras (Dan, Neil, G_Man, Darren to name a few) continue to contribute to the club, as it shows we've created such a good community!

But of course, the main thanks goes to all of you out there for making the club what it is. We'd be nothing without the members there to support us so you can give yourselves a round of applause for sticking with us too! :D

Here's to another 10 years!

James.

i will,lol!

even though i may have another jap car thats a turbo, i will always still have a micra to play with as its so insperational and upliftingn in owning such a great machine!!

Lol just alittle heart warmer for the car we all love so much!:blush:

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
which one? I used to love the older white one, that looked and worked so much better

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
What you /may/ get elsewhere in no way affects (nor should it) what goes on here. It's no different to almost every other car club I care to think of.

I think possibly moaning of what is not offered for free on this site is one of the most irritating kind of posts I ever get to read. If you want to make use of the feature sign up and support the club like so many other people do.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
wow and i've been here for 5 seeing those old pics brings back memories :) all good ones!

happy birthday MSC :D

infact now i think about it its more like 6/7 lol OMG im getting old

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Congrats MSC!!! Must be about 6/7 years I have been here now, woah thats along time!!! As I got my first micra when I was 15 I think! Kev's "nutter k10" (lol) was a bit of an inspiration for me when I first joined even though back then it looked a bit bad lol, I'm sure Kev won't mind me saying that. Never thought I would end up buying it though. Long live the MSC. :p I'm sure over time the members will change but I think for now its got a long future ahead for a while. I still keep visiting and I haven't driven a micra for about 2 years lol.

Happy Birthday msc, back to the question who will be in another 10 years..........what will the k13 be like?? Nissan heritage of soft on the outside but nutcase in the inards or where they seem to be heading with that skyline gtr35, is it?

well I've been here for 2 years now as a member and seen a few changes and a lot of 'regulars' come and go, I must say the club is getting better all the time, evolving I suppose.
oh and Wrenchable, there isn't going to be a K13, at least that's what those members who work at Nissan have been saying.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
well I've been here for 2 years now as a member and seen a few changes and a lot of 'regulars' come and go, I must say the club is getting better all the time, evolving I suppose.
oh and Wrenchable, there isn't going to be a K13, at least that's what those members who work at Nissan have been saying.

ive been informed theres another micra currently in the making, just no pictures of it yet

ive been informed theres another micra currently in the making, just no pictures of it yet

I stand corrected, let's just hope it's more Nissan than Renault this time (no offence meant to all the K12 owners out there), it will be interesting to see what it's like.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter

Time to put on your detective cloak and find out some more info! ;) Can't imagine what a K13 would look like, a Clio perhaps?

Gemma85

banished to the buses
wow 10 years, was a very useful site when I had a micra.. Glad to see its still going strong, hope everyones ok just dropping by to say hi to those of you I dont still speak 2. Gem x

k11stew

Ex. Club Member
how many feature cars has the msc produced now then?

must be about 5 or 6 at least, which isnt at all bad considering how badly modified car mags used to criticise them.

sheks phase 2 k11 will always be my favorite of all time...

shek.jpg

awesome.