• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Ceirwans REVISED AND NEW Super S blog! :)

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Ceirwan;389232 said:
Hey guys,
Some of you may remember that I used to own Imps Super S before he bought it off me. Well I have now purchased it back because I was after a cheap runner that I knew was reliable while I get a load of other expensive stuff in my life sorted out.

However I've decided I may as well keep it in decent shape and sort out a few of the issues I've spotted with it, gonna try and document that here. :)

The first job before we even left the drive was to discard the sparco seat belt padders (sorry) and then repair the rear view mirror which steve had to pillage from his Super Turbo, so thats another job for his list! :(

After and uneventful drive home I was feeling great, I'd forgotten how raw the engine sounded and how primitive the handling was, Its got more character than any car I've owned!

First job was a quick wash to get a feel for anything that needed doing:

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

So I've made a list of what needs to be done:
- Change rear number plate lights for a bulb instead of LED's. I'm sure they're borderline illegal and there's loads of sideways escaping light, such a chavvy mod Steve, how could you?? :laugh:
- De Sticker the micra.org.uk logo's and the K'n'N stickers, because I would never hear the end of it at work + I don't like stickers :p
- Both the doors at 75+ miles an hour there loads of noise and air from the seals at the top, I guess they've both had attempts to force them at some point... Needs sorting it was driving me mad :) (Private road of course officer)
- Put my stereo in from the 106.
- Sort out a few rust bubbles coming through, two on arch, one at base of windscreen
- Somesones tried to jam a srewdriver past the driver lock at some point leaving a small hole in the door... Needs sorting somehow lol
- Good clean inside + air freshen

I think that's enough to be getting on with! :D

Since getting it back I've had in in the garage and swapped the stereo, emptied the spare wheel well of water (note, source boot leak :p), cleaned and polished interior, air freshened inc seats.

Will try and keep this one up to date!

Note my goal with this is to get it mint standard, and then possibly consider bike carbs, we shall see!

Back