CD Wiring Help!!

How hard is it to fit a CD player? MY G/F passed her test a few months ago and I bought her a Micra K11 94. The car only has a tape deck in but I don't think its the original and the wires seem to be everywhere at the back eg not just into a connector.

As a present I am spaing no expense and I am going to get her a MOS cd player from makro tonight for a whopping sum of £29.99

I want to try and fit the CD player myself as I have always wanted to start playing with ICE (if you can call a £29.99 cd player "ice")

Is there any cd player fitting guides anywhere on the net eg telling you where the yellow wire goes etc.......

I have found this link http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf

If the original wiring harness has been cut off. If for example I just join the Nissan blue wire (for 12 volt ignition) to the new radio red wire. Is that how i go along? what is the best way for joining the wires?

Either that or if anyone is in liverpool and want to make a quick $ drop me a message

Just connect the wires as you said, alternatively buy an ISO block and neaten things up.
The best method is to solder then use heatshrink but tape or connectors are just as good.

dang, if you were more down south i would have sorted you out for free :D but its sooo simple, i have done it loads of times and im a retard so it cant be too hard :D

dang, if you were more down south i would have sorted you out for free :D but its sooo simple, i have done it loads of times and im a retard so it cant be too hard :D

It isnt quite THAT simple but yeah, any fool who isn't colourblind could do it.

Boooo!! lol

How would you go about doing it?

well managed to get the dash out to have a look at the radio and its a bit of a mess behind there. It looks like the original nissan adapter is still there bit just before the wires go into the original block, there is a block that cuts into the wires, new wires come out and go to the radio (the original block is not plugged into anything)

I have done a rough pic below to try and explain....

radio-1.jpg

The top diagram is of the original nissan connector. What is the best way to fit my new player?If i got a nissan to ISO adapter would it still work even though wires are coming out before the nissan connector?

will that plug work ok even though the wires have been cut into before the plug? Will it just be plug and go, there is only 7 wires going in is this right?

just another few quick questions, to test it works ok can i leave both headunits connected up aslong as I dont turn the old one on?

& where is the easiest earth point behinf the radio

& What is the liklyhood of blowing fuses for the lights etc...I have read a few threads where people have blown headlights

thanks mate, which bit is the earth on the cigi lighter. Do i need to disconnect the battery and are the spliced wires to the old radio ok being left there?

Back